Car Insurance cover
Get Car Insurance you can trust, whether you choose our Defaqto 5 Star rated Standard Car Insurance or Box Insurance for young drivers. Learn more about our policies and get a quote.
Guaranteed discount for Clubcard members
Whether you’re a new customer or renewing your cover this year, you’re guaranteed a Clubcard discount.
For new customers, just enter your Clubcard number if prompted when you get a quote.
Car insurance for drivers aged 21 and over
Our comprehensive Standard Car Insurance has a wide range of features and benefits, plus a guaranteed discount for Clubcard members.
- Defaqto 5 Star rated cover
- Personalise your cover for an extra charge with optional extras that suit your needs
- 4 levels of breakdown cover available as an optional extra, provided by RAC Insurance Limited.
- 24-hour UK-based accident helpline
- Manage your insurance policy online
Box Insurance for drivers aged 17 - 35
Earn bonus miles for safe driving with Tesco Bank Box Insurance
- A small black box is fitted to your car, neatly out of sight
- Fixed premium for the year, no curfews or fines
- Choice of 6,000, 8,000 or 10,000 miles; top up if you need to
- Tesco Bank Box Insurance is arranged, administered and underwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Ltd.
- Your price at renewal may increase or decrease and will depend on a number of things, one of them being driving behaviour
Making a claim
We’re here for you when you need us most - seven days a week. Give us a call or claim online and our experienced team will get things sorted as quickly as possible.
Your account with us
If you’re looking to check or change your policy details or view any of your documents you can do this easily online
Helpful information about car insurance
What does comprehensive car insurance cover?
Comprehensive car insurance covers you for accidental damage to your car, and loss by fire or theft. It also gives you cover for damage you cause to other people's property and injury to other people.
What’s the difference between comprehensive and third party cover?
Third-party cover is the lowest level of insurance you can get. You’re covered for damage you cause to other people's property and injury to other people – but any damage to your own car isn't covered. A comprehensive policy covers damage to your car too.
Tesco Bank Car Insurance is arranged and administered by Tesco Bank and is underwritten by Tesco Underwriting Ltd.
Tesco Bank Box Insurance is arranged and administered by Insure The Box Limited and is underwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company of Europe SE.
You'll find complete details of the cover, monetary limits, exclusions, excesses and terms in our policy documents.
Before you buy your Tesco Bank Car or Box Insurance online, please read the policy documents to ensure that the policy you select meets your needs. The policy booklet and product information documents outline the benefits, limitations and exclusions that will apply to your cover.
Other customers have been asking
Contact us, we’re here to help
Need a few questions answered? Want to chat rather than scroll? Our UK-based teams are here to talk to you seven days a week.
Car Insurance for drivers aged 21 and over: Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-2pm.
Box Insurance for drivers aged 17-35: Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm.