Make sure you're ready to apply
Some things you should know to make your application go smoothly:
- If the child is under 16, the application to open and manage the account must be made on their behalf by someone who has parental responsibility for them.
- To apply you must provide details of a linked account in your own name (the name of the registered contact where the child is under 16).
- If the child is over 16, they can apply to open and manage the account themselves by calling us on 0345 678 5678. This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator. Please note that we are unable to accept online applications from children under 16.
- The current rules for ISAs are subject to change by HM Revenue & Customs and the value of tax benefits depends on individual circumstances.
Check the Junior Cash ISA eligibility
A child can hold a Tesco Bank Junior ISA if they:
- Are under 18 years of age
- Are a permanent UK resident or if not, a Crown employee serving overseas or married to or in a civil partnership with a Crown employee
- Do not have a Child Trust Fund; and
- Do not have an existing Junior Cash ISA, unless all of the subscriptions in that Junior Cash ISA are transferred to the Tesco Bank Junior Cash ISA (other providers may charge a fee or have restrictions on transfers).
- Will only be using this account for personal (not business) transactions
- Can confirm they won't deposit income payments such as salary and pensions directly into the account
- Can confirm they won't make international payments directly into the account