Make sure you're ready to apply
Some things to know to make sure your application goes smoothly:
- Accounts may be opened by an adult for the benefit of an under 16 by calling 0345 678 5678. This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator. Calls may be recorded.
- You'll need your bank account details during the application
- You can pay money into your account once your application is complete, but you won't be able to take money out until you send us certain information by post. We'll tell you what this involves once your account is open.
- The current standard interest rate for the Instant Access Savings Account is 0.35% Gross/AER (variable)
- Please note that we may place a limit on how many Instant Access Savings accounts you can hold at any one time
Let’s check you’re eligible
- Are you at least 16 years of age?
- Are you a permanent UK resident, or do you have a British Forces Post Office address?
- Will you only be using this account for personal (not business) transactions?
- Can you confirm you won't deposit income payments such as salary and pensions directly into the account?
- Can you confirm you won't make international payments directly into the account?
Please note: If you're applying for a joint account, you must have the permission of the other applicant, and the above statements must be true about both of you.