Make sure you're ready to apply
Some things you should know to make your application go smoothly:
- You must have a UK bank account that you can make payments from and to
- You must be resident in the UK or if not, be a Crown employee serving overseas or be married to or in a civil partnership with a Crown employee.
- You must not have exceeded the overall subscription limit for the year
- You must not have subscribed to another Cash ISA in the same tax year
- You can pay money into your account once your application is complete, but you won't be able to take money out until you send us certain information by post. We'll tell you what this involves once your account is open.
- The current rules for ISAs are subject to change by HM Revenue & Customs and the value of tax benefits depends on individual circumstances.
Let’s check you’re eligible
- Are you at least 18 years of age?
- Are you a permanent UK resident, or do you have a British Forces Post Office address?
- Will you only be using this account for personal (not business) transactions?
- Can you confirm you won't deposit income payments such as salary and pensions directly into the account?
- Can you confirm you won't make international payments directly into the account?