We've removed send fees on money transfer account deposits to Ukraine.
We understand this is a difficult time for many. We know it's only a small thing, but if you need to send money to family or loved ones in Ukraine, you can do so using the MoneyGram at Tesco service for free through 900+ Tesco stores or online.
Discount applies to send fee only. Does not apply in conjunction with any other fee discount offer.
International Money Transfer
Send and receive money from Tesco stores
With MoneyGram international money transfer at Tesco, you can send and collect money from Tesco stores. Send money to over 200 countries including Romania, Bulgaria, India, Ghana and Nigeria. It's fast, reliable and available in over 900 of our stores during operational hours.
When you send money:
- Start your transfer online and then pay in store
- Use your debit card or cash to send from a Tesco store
- If you have sent money with us before repeat transactions are easy
- Collect 50 Clubcard points every time you send £50 or more
When they receive money:
- Get money deposited straight into their bank account*
- Use mobile account deposit – the money goes straight into their mobile wallet*
- Collect cash from over 250,000 MoneyGram agent locations*
*Subject to availability in receiving country
Send and receive method
Know more about sending and receiving cash
You start your transaction online and complete in over 900 stores across the UK including Extra, Metro, Express stores.
- You can send up to £4,999.99 and receive up to £1,000
- Receive up to £1,000
Express stores only
- You can send up to £400 in cash and £4,999.99 using a debit card
- Receives not available currently, please visit one of our other stores
For more information on any of these stores visit the Store Locator.
You’ll need to show a valid form of photo ID (your passport, UK driving licence or National Identity Card) before you can send or collect money.
To ensure security and peace of mind when sending larger amounts, as well as showing a valid form of photo ID at the customer service desk, MoneyGram will keep a copy of your ID. You’ll only need to do this once.
To do this follow these steps:
- Visit id.moneygram.com
- Enter your 8-digit transaction reference number, surname and email address. You’ll find the reference number on your receipt.
- Confirm your form of ID and follow the on-screen prompts. You’ll need to take a photo of your ID. You can also upload this from your PC.
- You’re done! You’ll receive an on-screen message from MoneyGram confirming that your ID has been uploaded successfully.
Please note, transactions will be placed on hold until this process is complete. You will need to have an email address to complete this step.
The maximum send value is £4,999 and maximum receive value is £1,000. Although these values can differ in certain countries. Foreign exchange rates may differ depending on the sending option. To get a quote or for more information visit the Customer Service Desk in store, call MoneyGram on 0800 026 0327 or go to moneygram.co.uk
Send and receive method
Exchange rates are updated several times throughout the day to see the most up to date please visit Tesco.moneygram.com and start your transaction journey.
If you’ve sent money to someone in-store previously and want to send money to the same person again, you don’t need to fill out a new form. All you need to do is give your name and mobile number at the customer service desk.
Collecting 50 points applies to every send transaction of £50 or more (including the fee). The Clubcard must be in your name and the Clubcard points will be added to your Clubcard account.
The Tesco Clubcard Scheme is administered by:
Tesco Stores Limited, Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City AL7 1GA - who are responsible for fulfilling points.
MoneyGram is reliable, but it’s important that you don't fall victim to fraud or a scam.
Make sure you read the fraud warnings on the Send & Receive form or for more information, visit the MoneyGram website:
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Tesco Personal Finance plc is an agent of MoneyGram International Limited in the provision of money transfer services. MoneyGram International Limited is authorised and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority. MoneyGram and the Globe are marks of MoneyGram. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. © 2020 MoneyGram. The promoter of this advert is Tesco Personal Finance Plc. Registered Office: 2 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh EH12 9FQ.
Our international money transfer FAQs:
Get help with international money transfers
Need help with sending or receiving money? We've created a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) to help you.
Alternatively, to get a quote or for more information, visit the customer service desk in store or call MoneyGram on 0800 026 0327.