Travel money - exchange money in store
Competitive travel money rates
We all know that organising a holiday can leave you needing... a holiday! Changing your money in store means you can pick up your foreign currency at the same time as your other holiday essentials. Please note that exchange rates may vary whether buying in store, online or via phone.
Win a trip to the Big Apple
Pick up and load a new Multi-currency Cash Passport (travel money card) or reload an existing one with £250 or more at any Tesco Travel Money Bureau and we’ll automatically enter you into the draw to win a Priceless Cities trip to New York. Offer valid until 11 October 2016.
The Priceless Cities prize consists of:
- Two return economy flights from London to New York
- Two nights four-star hotel sharing twin/double room
- Breakfast each day
- Five-course tasting menu
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- £250 worth of spending money (loaded onto your Multi-currency Cash Passport in US Dollars)
Open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoter, Travelex or their immediate family members, or anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the prize draw. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can enter without having to purchase anything, just take a look at the full terms and conditions for more information.
The winner will have to provide a valid ID in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof they have an active Cash Passport. Full terms and conditions
For more information on the Multi-Currency Cash Passport please see below.
Promoter: MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Limited, Access House, Cygnet Road, Peterborough PE7 8FJ.
Reasons to use the in-store travel money bureaux
What do we sell?
We sell a wide range of foreign currency notes, American Express Travellers Cheques and Multi-currency Cash Passport™.
The Multi-currency Cash Passport™ is a handy prepaid travel money card that lets you withdraw your money from any ATM worldwide displaying the MasterCard® Acceptance Mark, or use it at any retailer that accepts MasterCard. Please note, there is a fee of £1.50, or currency equivalent, for ATM withdrawals. Please see below for more detail.
|What we sell||Currencies available|
|Foreign currency notes||A wide range of currencies instantly available, including Euros and US Dollars, at each bureau de change; with more available to order in|
|Multi-currency Cash Passport™ prepaid currency card||Load with up to seven different currencies. Choose from Euro, US Dollars, Sterling, South African Rand, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars and New Zealand Dollars.|
|American Express Travellers Cheques||Sterling, US Dollars, Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars|
- Exchange rates may vary whether buying in store, online or via phone.
Remember to check our fees and charges before buying in store See our fees and charges
Multi-currency Cash Passport™ prepaid currency card
Multi-currency Cash Passport™ is a prepaid travel money Card. Before you travel you can load the Card with up to seven currencies and use it to make purchases and withdraw cash when you're abroad.
Available currencies are: Sterling, Euro, US Dollars, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars and South African Rand. Available in store only.
Once it's loaded, you can withdraw your money from any ATM worldwide displaying the MasterCard Acceptance Mark, or use it at any retailer that accepts MasterCard.
- 0% Commission on foreign currency loads and top-up, with 2% applied on Sterling
- 24/7 Global Assistance service; replacement funds up to the available balance on your card if it is lost or stolen abroad
- Lock in your exchange rate each time you load or reload - know exactly what you're spending
- Secure – Chip and PIN protected and not linked to your bank account
- ATM Fees (some cash machine operators charge an extra fee) GB£1.50, EU €1.75, US $2.30, AU $2.30, CA $2.40, NZ $3.00, ZA R20
American Express Travellers Cheques
- Welcomed around the world - can be exchanged in banks, hotels, foreign exchange bureaux and American Express Travel Service locations. Find your nearest location on the American Express website.
- Cheques available in Sterling, US Dollars, Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars.
- No expiry date.
- If your cheques are lost or stolen, American Express® will replace them.
- 0% commission on foreign currency Travellers Cheques with 1.25% (min £2.50) applied on Sterling.
How our price match works
If you find another provider based within three miles of your chosen in-store Tesco Travel Money bureau, advertising a better rate on the same day, let us know and we'll match it.
The Price Match is only available in store, not online or over the phone. It only applies to like-for-like transactions and must be requested before you make your purchase.
The Price Match applies to foreign currency notes that your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau de Change has in stock at the time of purchase, American Express Travellers Cheques and Multi-currency Cash Passport™ prepaid currency cards.
In the event of dispute, the three mile distance will be measured using an appropriate route planning tool acceptable to us both. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Price Match at any time. We will give reasonable notice of our amendment or withdrawal.
What you need to do
Simply give the following information to a member of our bureau de change staff, and we'll match the better rate:
- The name and address of the other foreign currency exchange provider that advertised the better rate
- The better rate advertised by that other provider
- The date and time the better rate was advertised (must be same day)
- The type of currency and product
- How much you want to exchange
You can also ask one of the friendly in-store team if you're unsure of the process - we'll be happy to help See full terms and conditions
Currency Buy Back
When you get home, we'll buy your travel money back
Let us turn your unspent holiday money into pounds. It couldn't be simpler.
Just pop into one of our in-store travel money bureaux when you get back to the UK and we'll buy back your unwanted currency. We buy back in all the currencies we sell in most banknote values (this includes Travellers Cheques and the Multi-currency Cash Passport™ too).
It doesn't matter where you bought your money, we'll still buy it back - even if you didn't buy it from a Tesco Travel Money bureau.
Buy online. A more convenient option.
Order online and you can either collect your travel money from one of our in-store bureaux or we'll deliver it direct to your door.
If you've got a problem or query on your order, get in touch with us. We're here to help.
Other customers have been asking:
Make sure you're protected on your travels
Taking a holiday should be about relaxing and having fun with family. Our travel insurance offers you peace of mind so that you can relax while you're away.
Key product information
Tesco Travel Money is provided by Travelex
Tesco Travel Money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited. Registered no. 03797356. Registered office: 4th floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG.
Tesco Travel Money ordered in store is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited. Registered no. 04621879. Registered office: 4th floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG.
All American Express Travellers Cheques are issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., a New York corporation. For any information please contact: American Express Services Europe Limited. Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales with number 1833139.
Multi-currency Cash Passport™ is issued by R. Raphael & Sons plc, pursuant to license by MasterCard International Inc. MasterCard® is registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. R. Raphael & Sons plc is a UK bank authorised by the Prudential Regulatory Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (registration number 161302) and is permitted to issue e-money. Head office and registered office at 19/21 Shaftesbury Ave, London, W1D 7ED, company registration number 01288938.
Tesco Bank Travel Insurance is provided by Ageas Insurance Limited.
Fees and charges
In-store fees and charges
We don't charge card fees if you buy your travel money in store.
Please note that, regardless of your credit or debit card type, your card provider may apply fees related to currency transactions (eg. cash advance or other fees) so please check with them before you buy.
American Express Travellers Cheques
- 0% commission on foreign currency Travellers Cheques
- 1.25% commission (min £2.50) applied on Sterling Travellers Cheques
Multi-currency Cash Passport™
- 0% commission on foreign currency pre-paid card
- 2% commission applied on Sterling pre-paid card
- For full details on the fees and limits of the Multi-currency Cash Passport™ ask at an in-store bureau.
Price match terms and conditions
Price Match terms and conditions
In the event of dispute, the three mile distance will be measured using an appropriate route planning tool acceptable to us both. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Price Match at any time.
Please read the full terms and conditions below or ask bureau staff for details. Price Match cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tesco Bank Price Match terms and conditions PDF, 168kb
Competition terms and conditions
1. The prize draw to win a New York Priceless Cities trip for two (“Promotion”) is promoted by MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Limited (the “Promoter”) with registered office at Access House, Cygnet Road, Peterborough, PE7 8FJ registered in England and Wales under company number 05429739.
2. The Promotion is open to all UK residents aged eighteen (18) or over, except employees of the Promoter, Travelex or their immediate family members, or any anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the prize draw.
3. By taking part in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The prize consists of: 2 x return economy flights from London to New York, Return transfers – Airport / Hotel, 2 nights 4* hotel sharing twin/double room, daily breakfast, 5 Course Tasting Menu (excluding drinks), Comprehensive travel insurance* and £250 spending money, loaded onto the United States Dollar wallet of your Multi-currency Cash Passport™ (Cash Passport) at the rate of the day of loading. You will be automatically entered into this Promotion to win the prize when you purchase and load a Multi-currency Cash Passport™ (“Cash Passport”) from an in store Tesco Travel Money Bureau or reload with a minimum load of £250 between 00:00 on 17th August 2016 and 23:59 on 11th October 2016 (“Promotion Period”) **. The trip excludes bookings during Christmas, Easter, Fashion Week and all bank holidays. Only one entry will qualify regardless of the number of (re)loads undertaken during the Promotion Period.
*Comprehensive travel insurance is included in the prize; however, it does not cover pre-existing medical conditions and has an upper age limit of 79 years. In the event that, upon the winner applying for the cover, cover is not granted, the winner must seek adequate cover for the travelling party from another insurer. This will be the prize winner’s responsibility and proof of such insurance will be required prior to departure. A cash contribution, equivalent to the cost of the cover declined, will be made directly to the winner upon presentation of proof of the requisite cover.
** For Northern Ireland residents an alternative no purchase route is available by sending your name, address and phone number to Tesco Bank New York Promotion, Access House, 1st Floor, Cygnet Road, Hampton, Peterborough, PE7 8FJ. Entries to be received no later than 17th October 2016 and postmarked on or before 17th October 2016. Any entries received after 17th October 2016 will be excluded. Only one postal entry per person.
5. The winner will be chosen at random on 24th October 2016 by an independent adjudicator.
6. The winner will be notified within one (1) calendar day from the date the winner is chosen via telephone or by email.
7. The winner will have five (5) calendar days from receipt of the winning notification to:
a. Acknowledge the prize via the instructions in the notification;
b. Provide a valid ID in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof they have an active Cash Passport™; and
c. Confirm they wish to accept the prize.
8. Failure to comply with condition 7 will result in the prize being forfeited and the Promoter may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner.
9. The winner may nominate one other person (“nominated guest”) to avail of the prize. The nominated guest must be aged eighteen (18) years old or over.
10. The winner and their nominated guest must hold valid passports with at least 6 months validity remaining after the return date. Passports and Visas are the responsibility and cost of the prize winner. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if the prize winner or nominated guest fails to obtain the required travel documentation.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include gratuities, meals or other expenses unless otherwise stated, or any other costs of a personal nature not stated for winner and nominated guest.
12. All locations and dates are subject to availability. Travel will be subject to flight and hotel availability at the date of booking the trip. The winner should notify the Promoter at least six (6) weeks in advance of his/her preferred dates for taking the trip.
13. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for hotels / tours / transport companies etc. being withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, the Promoter will endeavour to offer a suitable alternative.
14. Any amendments made by the winner after the booking is confirmed may be subject to administration charges levied by the specific supplier.
15. Promoter and its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents shall have no liability and will be held harmless by the winner and nominated guest for any liability, loss, injury, claim, or damage to themselves or any other person, including without limitation, personal injury, death, or damage to personal property, to the winner, nominated guest or any person due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of acceptance, use or misuse of the prize (including any related travel or activity) or participation in this Promotion.
16. Sale, transfer or exchange of any part of any of the prize is strictly prohibited. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or make void any and all prize elements if this term is not complied with.
17. The prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered.
18. Promoter reserves the right to cancel this Promotion or amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice, for whatever reason, and without liability to any entrant for doing so.
19. Promoter’s announcement of the winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. It is a condition of entry that the winner and nominated guest agree to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the promotion without further recompense.
21. This Promotion is not available in conjunction with other Promoter offers and promotions.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
23. Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion will be kept confidential, and may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
24. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Tesco Bank Promotion (winners), MasterCard Prepaid Management Services, Cygnet Road, Hampton, Peterborough, PE7 8FJ within ten (10) calendar days after the Promotion Period.
25. The Promotion is subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Tesco Travel Money ordered in store is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited. Registered no. 04621879. Registered office: 4th Floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG.
Multi-currency Cash Passport is issued by R. Raphael & Sons plc, pursuant to license by MasterCard® International Inc. MasterCard® is a registered trademark of MasterCard® International Incorporated. R. Raphael & Sons plc is a UK bank authorised by the Prudential Regulatory Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (registration number 161302) and is permitted to issue e-money. Head office and registered office at 19-21 Shaftesbury Ave, London, W1D 7ED, company registration number 01288938.