Travel money - exchange money in store
Competitive travel money rates
We all know that organising a holiday can leave you needing... a holiday! Changing your money in store means you can pick up your foreign currency at the same time as your other holiday essentials. Our online exchange rates are better than in store, but check if we have any offers in store to see what's best for you.
A holiday helping hand
For every £500 you spend at our travel money bureaux, you'll receive £5 off your transaction cost. Offer ends 21 April 2015.
Applies to in-store purchases only.Further terms and conditions apply
Reasons to use the in-store travel money bureaux
What do we sell?
We sell a wide range of foreign currency notes, American Express Travellers Cheques and Cash Passport™ (which is a handy prepaid travel money card that lets you withdraw money or pay by card wherever you see the Visa and Visa Electron logos).
|What we sell||Currencies available|
|Foreign currency notes||A wide range of currencies instantly available, including Euros and US Dollars, at each bureau de change; with more available to order in|
|Cash Passport™ prepaid currency card||Euros, US Dollars, Sterling, South African Rand, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, and New Zealand Dollars|
|American Express Travellers Cheques||Sterling, US Dollars, Japanese Yen, Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars|
- Our online exchange rates are better than in store, but check if we have any offers in store to see what's best for you.
Remember to check our fees and charges before buying in store See our fees and charges
Cash Passport™ prepaid currency cards
This handy little prepaid travel money card is available in seven different currencies.
Once it's loaded, you can withdraw your money from over one million cash machines worldwide displaying the Visa symbol, or use it to pay at over 18 million restaurants, hotels and shops. Just look for the Visa Electron logo.
- 0% Commission on foreign currency Cash Passport™, with 2% applied on Sterling
- 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance service; replacement funds up to the available balance on your card if it is lost or stolen abroad
- Lock in your exchange rate each time you load or reload - know exactly what you're spending
- Secure - PIN and signature protected and not linked to your bank account
American Express Travellers Cheques
- Welcomed around the world - can be exchanged in banks, hotels, foreign exchange bureaux and American Express Travel Service locations. Find your nearest location on the American Express website.
- Cheques available in Sterling, US Dollars, Japanese Yen, Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars.
- No expiry date.
- If your cheques are lost or stolen, American Express® will replace them.
- 0% commission on foreign currency Travellers Cheques with 1.25% (min £2.50) applied on Sterling.
How our price match works
If you find another provider based within three miles of your chosen in-store Tesco Travel Money bureau, advertising a better rate on the same day, let us know and we'll match it.
The Price Match is only available in store, not online or over the phone. It only applies to like-for-like transactions and must be requested before you make your purchase.
The Price Match applies to foreign currency notes that your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau de Change has in stock at the time of purchase, American Express Travellers Cheques and Cash Passport™ prepaid currency cards.
In the event of dispute, the three mile distance will be measured using an appropriate route planning tool acceptable to us both. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Price Match at any time. We will give reasonable notice of our amendment or withdrawal.
What you need to do
Simply give the following information to a member of our bureau de change staff, and we'll match the better rate:
- The name and address of the other foreign currency exchange provider that advertised the better rate
- The better rate advertised by that other provider
- The date and time the better rate was advertised (must be same day)
- The type of currency and product
- How much you want to exchange
You can also ask one of the friendly in-store team if you're unsure of the process - we'll be happy to help See full terms and conditions
Currency Buy Back
When you get home, we'll buy your travel money back
Let us turn your unspent holiday money into pounds. It couldn't be simpler.
Just pop into one of our in-store travel money bureaux when you get back to the UK and we'll buy back your unwanted currency. We buy back in all the currencies we sell in most banknote values (this includes Travellers Cheques and the Cash Passport™ too).
It doesn't matter where you bought your money, we'll still buy it back - even if you didn't buy it from a Tesco Travel Money bureau.
Buy online. A more convenient option.
Can't make it into a store? Order online and you can either collect it in-store or we'll deliver your travel money direct to your door. We know you're busy organising your holiday so we've made it simple for you to get your holiday money, when and how it works for you.
If you've got a problem or query on your order, get in touch with us. We're here to help.
Other customers have been asking:
Make sure you're protected on your travels
Taking a holiday should be about relaxing and having fun with family. Our travel insurance offers you peace of mind so that you can relax while you're away.
Key product information
Tesco Travel Money is provided by Travelex
Tesco Travel Money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited. Registered no. 03797356. Registered office: 65 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TD.
Tesco Travel Money ordered in store is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited. Registered no. 04621879. Registered office: 65 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TD.
All American Express Travellers Cheques are issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., a New York corporation. For any information please contact: American Express Services Europe Limited. Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales with number 1833139.
Travelex Cash Passport is issued by and remains the property of R. Raphael & Sons plc. Registered no. 1288938. Registered office: Albany Court Yard, 47/48 Piccadilly, London W1J 0LR
Tesco Bank Travel Insurance is provided by Ageas Insurance Limited.
Fees and charges
In-store fees and charges
We don't charge card fees if buy your travel money in store.
Please note that, regardless of your credit or debit card type, your card provider may apply fees related to currency transactions (eg. cash advance or other fees) so please check with them before you buy.
American Express Travellers Cheques
- 0% commission on foreign currency Travellers Cheques
- 1.25% commission (min £2.50) applied on Sterling Travellers Cheques
- 0% commission on foreign currency pre-paid card
- 2% commission applied on Sterling pre-paid card
Price match terms and conditions
Price Match terms and conditions
In the event of dispute, the three mile distance will be measured using an appropriate route planning tool acceptable to us both. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Price Match at any time.
Please read the full terms and conditions below or ask bureau staff for details. Price Match cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Additional £5 off terms and conditions
Additional £5 off terms and conditions
- The offer relates to the value of foreign currency purchased and excludes any additional charges such as card handling fees.
- The offer applies to purchases of foreign currency (notes, travellers cheques and Cash Passport™). Buy back transactions are excluded
- Not available in conjunction with any other Tesco Travel Money offer, including Price Match.