We have a range of currencies on offer, including Euros and US Dollars, and we make it easy to get your travel money at a time that suits you.
Whether you want currency, Travellers Cheques or both, you can quickly check our online rates and buy travel money online here. If you want a mixture of currency and Travellers Cheques, enter one part of your order here and you'll be able to add to the overall order when you click 'Check online exchange rates and buy'. Our minimum order value is £50 and the maximum you can buy is £2500 worth of foreign currency. If you buy £100 or more you will be automatically entered in to our prize draw. Please see the details below.
Our online exchange rates are better than in store, but check if we have any offers in store to see what's best for you.
Win £3000 worth of foreign currency and the best holiday gadgets for your next holiday
Purchase £100 or more of foreign currency or traveller’s cheques on tescobank.com from 9 July to 31 August 2015 to be entered automatically into the prize draw.
To enter you must be 18 or over and a UK resident.
Important: Make sure you read the full terms and conditions before proceeding. For Northern Ireland: there is a no purchase necessary option available. Read the full terms and conditions
Making it easy to get your travel money
Buy your travel money online
There's a lot to organise when you're planning a holiday. We've made getting your travel money simple. When you order your holiday money online you can choose to pick it up at your chosen Tesco Travel Money bureau or we can deliver it to your door. Whichever works for you and your to-do list.
Buy in store
Buy your travel money in store, in an instant
We know that some people like to buy face-to-face. That's why you can also buy your holiday money in store. Drop into one of over 200 bureaux de change today and we'll be happy to help.
If you've got a problem or query on your order, get in touch with us. We're here to help.
Other customers have been asking:
Make sure you're protected on your travels
Relax and have fun on your holiday. Our travel insurance offers you peace of mind so that you can relax and enjoy being away.
Key product information
Tesco Travel Money is provided by Travelex
Tesco Travel Money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited. Registered no. 03797356. Registered office: 4th floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG.
Tesco Travel Money ordered in store is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited. Registered no. 04621879. Registered office: 4th floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG.
All American Express Travellers Cheques are issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., a New York corporation. For any information please contact: American Express Services Europe Limited. Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales with number 1833139.
Multi-currency Cash Passport™ is issued by R. Raphael & Sons plc, pursuant to license by MasterCard International Inc. MasterCard® is registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. R. Raphael & Sons plc is a UK bank authorised by the Prudential Regulatory Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (registration number 161302) and is permitted to issue e-money. Head office and registered office at 19/21 Shaftesbury Ave, London, W1D 7ED, company registration number 01288938.
Tesco Bank Travel Insurance is provided by Ageas Insurance Limited.
Fees and charges
Home delivery charges
When you spend £500 or more online, home delivery is free.
For online orders less than £500, you pay £3.95 for delivery.
Buying foreign currency online using a credit or debit card
We won't apply any charges if you use a debit card or your personal Tesco Bank credit card to buy your travel money.
We charge extra when you pay with certain credit cards and the table below shows these rates. However, please note that, regardless of your credit or debit card type, your card provider may apply fees related to currency transactions (eg. cash advance or other fees) so please check with them before you buy.
|Credit and debit cards||Fee for online travel money purchases|
|All debit cards||No fee|
|Tesco Bank personal credit cards||No fee|
|Tesco Bank business credit cards||1.5% card handling fee (min £4, max £15)|
|Visa credit cards||No fee|
|MasterCard credit cards||1.5% card handling fee (min £4, max £15)|
In-store fees and charges
We don't charge card fees if buy your travel money in store.
However, please note that, regardless of your credit or debit card type, your card provider may apply fees related to currency transactions (eg. cash advance or other fees) so please check with them before you buy.
American Express Travellers Cheques
0% commission on foreign currency Travellers Cheques
1.25% commission (min £2.50) applied on Sterling Travellers Cheques
How our Price Match works
If you find another provider based within 3 miles of your chosen in-store Tesco Travel Money bureau, advertising a better rate on the same day, let us know and we'll match it.
The Price Match is only available in store, not online or over the phone. It only applies to like-for-like transactions and must be requested before you buy.
The Price Match applies to foreign currency notes that your chosen Tesco Travel Money bureau de Change has in stock at the time of purchase, American Express Travellers Cheques and the Multi-Currency Cash Passport™ prepaid currency cards.
In the event of dispute, the three mile distance will be measured using an appropriate route planning tool acceptable to us both. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Price Match at any time. We will give reasonable notice of our amendment or withdrawal.
What you need to do
Simply give the following information to a member of our bureau de change staff, and we'll match the better rate:
- The name and address of the foreign currency exchange provider that advertised the better rate
- The better rate advertised by that other provider
- The date and time the better rate was advertised (must be same day)
- The type of currency and product
- How much you want to exchange
You can also ask one of the friendly in-store team if you're unsure of the process - we'll be happy to help.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over except for anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the prize draw.
- Entry will be automatic for all customers who make a minimum order of £100 worth of foreign currency or Travellers’ Cheques on tescobank.com/travel-money from 9 July to 31 August 2015. Orders made after midnight on 31 August 2015 will not be entered into the prize draw.
- For Northern Ireland customers only: No purchase necessary. You can enter by post without purchasing travel money by sending your name, address, contact telephone number and email address by first or second class post.
- Send to Joanna Reid, Tesco Bank, Ground Floor, Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH. Postal entries must be received by Thursday 3 September 2015. Delayed, damaged, incomplete or illegible entries will not be accepted. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
- Customers will only be entered into the prize draw once, regardless of how many online Tesco Travel Money purchases they make during the prize draw period.
- The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
- There is one prize of £3,000 worth of foreign currency of your choice subject to availability, and the following five gadgets:
- Apple iPad mini 2, 32GB, WiFi - Space Grey
- GoPro HERO4 Black Action Camera
- Canon EOS 1200D Digital SLR Camera, Black, 18MP. 3inch LCD Screen, 18-55 Lens
- TomTom GO 6000 6inch Sat Nav with Lifetime European Maps & Lifetime Traffic updates
- HP Chromebook 11 G3 (11.6 inch) Notebook PC Intel Celeron (N2840) 2.16GHz 4GB 16GB eMMC
- The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- The draw will be held on 7 September 2015 .There will be one winner who is the first name selected at random from all qualifying entries. There are no runners up prizes.
- The winner will be contacted by email (using the email address entered when ordering the travel money) within two working days of the draw.
- The winner must respond to the email informing them they have won providing details of the foreign currency they would like. They must do this within 14 days, or else the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn at random in their place.
- The prize(s) will be sent to the address of the entrant provided when ordering the travel money within 14 days of their reply to the confirmation email. The prize must be dispatched to a UK postal address.
- The prize of £3,000 worth of foreign currency will be fulfilled by Travelex Currency Services Limited.
- Winner’s name will be available on request after 19 October 2015 by contacting Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tesco Travel Money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited. Registered no. 03797356. Registered office: 4th floor, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG.
- Promoter: Tesco Bank, Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH.