Credit Card account errors
How would you challenge something on your credit card bill?
Going through your statements each month and regularly checking your receipts against your bill will help to prevent mistaken charges and even credit card fraud.
Discrepancies can still occur. Here are our top tips on how to keep your card and your finances safe:
Credit card security
Making sure your card is secure from the start should help prevent errors on your bill:
- Sign your card when you first get it and memorise your PIN number - Never write it in full.
- Organise your credit card receipts. It's a good idea to file your statement and receipts in a safe place.
- Open your credit card bills as soon as they arrive and check the items on your bill against your saved receipts. If you see anything suspicious, challenge it straight away and phone your lender. When you speak to anyone on the phone ask for their name so that you have a reference for the next time you call.
- Be sure and let your credit card company know if you're planning to move. Then, if a discrepancy occurs, you can show your lender that you let them know ahead of time.
- Follow up your claim in writing if you need to. Write to your lender within 60 days of receiving your bill - give your name, account details, the date, the amount disputed and why you're challenging it.
- Your creditor will then have 30 days to respond in writing where they'll include their decision and what (if anything) they'll do to fix the problem.
If you're ever in any doubt about your Tesco Bank Credit Card bill, contact us straight away.
Our UK-based telephone lines are open 24 hours a day. You can contact us on 0845 300 4278.
Calls may be recorded. Daytime calls can cost up to 8p plus from 6ppm from BT landlines, Monday to Friday. Mobile and other providers' charges may vary.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Tesco Bank plc
PO BOX 27028