Instant Travel Money in store
We have Tesco Travel Money Bureaux in over 200 stores around the country, each with a good range of currencies instantly available.
When you get back, we'll buy it back.
Even if you purchased your currency elsewhere, we'll buy it back. And until 29 December 2013, you will receive an extra £1 cash back for every £100 of foreign currency notes you sell to one of our Travel Money Bureaux. We buy back most denominations in the currencies we sell. Find out more.
Remember that different exchange rates apply to purchases made online or over the phone.
- A range of currencies available instantly - And if we don't have it in stock, we'll order your currency in for you whenever possible.
- Travellers Cheques available in five currencies: US Dollars, Sterling, Japanese Yen, Canadian and Australian Dollars.
- Cash Passport™ prepaid currency card - Prepaid currency card available in seven currencies: Euros, US Dollars, Sterling, South African Rand, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars.
- Leftover currency? - We buy back most denominations in the currencies we sell.
- Easy parking.
Relax... if you find a better rate, we'll match it!
Customer Information - Price Match
Let us know if you find a better exchange rate than we're offering within 3 miles of our in-store Travel Money Bureaux, on the same day, and we'll match it when you then buy your currency with us.
The Price Match applies to foreign currency notes that your chosen Bureau has in stock at the time of purchase, American Express Travellers Cheques and Travelex Cash Passports™.
The 3 mile distance will be measured using an appropriate route planning tool.
Simply give the following information to a member of our bureau staff, and we'll match the offer:
- the name and address of the other foreign currency exchange provider that advertised the better rate
- the better rate advertised by that other provider
- the date and time the better rate was advertised (must be same day)
- the type of currency and product required; and
- how much you want to exchange
Once we've verified the rate, we'll match it!
Available in store only
Not available online or over the phone. It must be on a like-for-like basis and must be requested before you buy. We reserve the right to amend, alter or terminate Price Match at any time. Read the full Terms and Conditions below or ask at your local bureau.
Price Match Terms and Conditions
We are committed to matching the best rate you find advertised on your travel money purchase (that includes currency (subject to available stock), American Express Travellers Cheques or Travelex Cash Passport™ prepaid currency cards) at participating Tesco Travel Money Bureaux. So, subject to our Terms and Conditions below, if you find a better walk-up price (i.e. not sourced online) offered by another currency exchange provider within three miles of the Tesco Travel Money Bureau where you would like to exchange your currency, please let one of our Travel Money Advisors know and we will match the more competitive rate.
- Tesco Travel Money Price Match ("the Price Match") only applies to 'like for like' transactions where you are exchanging Pounds Sterling for personal use into any of the currencies in stock and sold at your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau, and you have found a more competitive exchange rate for that currency advertised at a retail or high street competitor based within 3 miles of your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau. A 'like for like' transaction is one that relates to the same product and currency and that is of the same (Pounds Sterling) value. In the event of dispute, the 3 mile distance will be measured using an appropriate route planning tool acceptable to us both.
- The Price Match applies to foreign currency notes that your chosen bureau has in stock at the time of purchase, American Express Travellers Cheques and Travelex Cash Passport™ prepaid currency cards.
- The Price Match relates to exchange rates advertised by another retail or high street currency exchange provider based in the area specified in Condition 1 above who offers a more competitive exchange rate than us in the ordinary course of business. It does not apply to exchange rates that need to be pre-booked, that are advertised online or by phone or that are not guaranteed. The Price Match does not apply to competitor exchange rates that are only available to staff, club members or other selected groups or individuals.
- The Price Match only applies before you have purchased currency at your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau. We will not refund your transaction to offer you a better rate if you try to use the Price Match after you have purchased your foreign currency from us.
- The Price Match is only available in store and does not apply to any exchange rates advertised online or over the telephone.
- We will compare the exchange rates advertised by your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau against those advertised by the other currency exchange provider for the same amount of foreign currency on the same day that you wish to purchase foreign currency from us. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, 'same day' means from 8am until the closing time on that day of your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau.
- The Price Match won't apply to any exchange rates that include any offers to buy back unspent foreign currency.
- We reserve the right not to apply the Price Match if we reasonably believe that you are purchasing foreign currency for wholesale, speculative or investment purposes.
- If you want to take advantage of the Price Match, we must be able to verify (by telephone or other means) the exchange rate that you have found advertised elsewhere, so you will need to provide us with all of the information asked for in Condition 10 below. If the exchange rate that you have found advertised elsewhere doesn't meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right not to apply the Price Match.
- You will need to give the following information to the Travel Money Advisor at your chosen participating Tesco Travel Money Bureau:
- the name and address of the other foreign currency exchange provider that advertised the better rate;
- the better rate advertised by that other provider;
- the date and time the better rate was advertised (must be same day);
- the type of currency and product required; and
- how much you want to exchange.
- We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Price Match at any time. We will give reasonable notice of our amendment or withdrawal (as appropriate) of the Price Match.
- The Price Match is not available in conjunction with any other Tesco Travel Money offer.
If you do not provide us with the above information then we do not have to honour the Price Match.
Tesco Travel Money ordered in store is provided by Travelex Agency Services whose registered office is: 65 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TD, with registered no: 04621879. Travelex Cash Passport is issued by and remains the property of R. Raphael & Sons plc. Registered no 1288938. Registered office: Albany Court Yard, 47/78 Piccadilly, London, W1J 0LR. The Price Match is promoted and funded by Tesco Personal Finance plc trading as Tesco Bank. Registered in Scotland no. SC173199. Registered office: Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH.
7 days, evenings and weekends
- Monday to Friday 9am-8pm
- Saturday 9am-6pm
- Sunday 10.30am-4pm
Please note that on bank holidays and in a small number of stores, opening hours may vary.
Fees and charges
Are there any credit/debit charges?
Tesco Credit Cards
If you pay with your Tesco Credit Card, there's no cash advance fee (excluding Tesco Business Credit Card) or card handling fees. Buying foreign currency with a Tesco Clubcard Credit Card from Tesco Travel Money will count towards a customer's cash limit but will be treated as a purchase transaction and will still be charged interest at the purchase interest rate.
MasterCards - except Tesco MasterCard Credit Cards
If you pay online or over the phone with a MasterCard, you will be charged 1.5% of the order value as a card handling fee (minimum £4, maximum £15). This does not apply if you buy in store.
Visa Credit/Debit Cards and All Other Cards
If you buy in store, online or over the phone, using any other type of card, you will not be charged a card handling fee by us.
Please note that, regardless of your debit or credit card type, your card provider may apply fees related to currency transactions (e.g. a cash advance or other fees) so please check with them before you buy in store, online or over the phone.
£1 Extra Terms and Conditions
- For every £100 of foreign currency you sell to our bureaux until 29/12/13 you will receive an extra £1 cash back to your transaction value. The offer applies to most denominations of foreign currency notes that we have for sale to customers. Please ask at the bureau for details of denominations accepted. Foreign currency coins are excluded.
- The offer is available up to a value of £3,000, with a maximum of £30 extra cash back.
- Not available in conjunction with any other Tesco Travel Money offer.
Cash Passport™ prepaid currency card
- A prepaid currency card available in seven currencies: Euros, US Dollars, Sterling, South African Rand, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars
- 0% Commission on foreign currency Travelex Cash Passports, with 2% applied on Sterling
- Use at up to 1 million ATMs worldwide displaying the Visa symbol, with no ATM cash withdrawal fee (some ATM providers may charge)
- Use at over 18 million restaurants, hotels & shops worldwide where Visa Electron is accepted
- 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance service; replacement funds up to the available balance on your card if it is lost or stolen abroad
- Lock in your exchange rate each time you load or reload - know exactly what you're spending
- Secure - PIN and signature protected and not linked to your bank account
Provided by Travelex.
Tesco Travel Money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited. Registered no. 03797356. Registered office: 65 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TD. Tesco Travel Money ordered in store is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited. Registered no. 04621879. Registered office: 65 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TD.
Travelex Cash Passport is issued by and remains the property of R. Raphael & Sons plc. Registered no. 1288938. Registered office: Albany Court Yard, 47/48 Piccadilly, London W1J 0LR.