Buy in store
Make a great saving on travel money
For every £500 you spend at one of our travel money bureaux, you'll receive £5 off. Offer ends 9 September 2014 and orders made online are excluded. Maximum of £30 off per transaction. Read more about this offer.
Please note that exchange rates may vary depending on if you buy online or in store.
Foreign currency notes
- Wide range of currencies available at each bureau de change.
Travelex Cash Passport™ prepaid currency card
This handy little prepaid travel money card is available in seven different currencies: Euros, US Dollars, Sterling, South African Rand, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, and New Zealand Dollars. Available in store only.
Once it's loaded, you can withdraw your money from over one million cash machines worldwide displaying the Visa symbol, or use it to pay at over 18 million restaurants, hotels and shops. Just look for the Visa Electron logo.
- 0% Commission on foreign currency Travelex Cash Passports, with 2% applied on Sterling.
- 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance service; replacement funds up to the available balance on your card if it is lost or stolen abroad.
- Lock in your exchange rate each time you load or reload - know exactly what you're spending.
- Secure - PIN and signature protected and not linked to your bank account.
American Express® Travellers Cheques
- Welcomed around the world - can be exchanged in banks, hotels, foreign exchange bureaux and American Express Travel Service locations. Find your nearest location on the American Express website.
- Cheques available in Sterling, US Dollars, Japanese Yen, Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars.
- No expiry date.
- If your cheques are lost or stolen, American Express® will replace them.
- 0% commission on foreign currency Travellers Cheques with 1.25% (min £2.50) applied on Sterling.
Don't forget: We buy back all the currencies we sell in most banknote values (this includes Travellers Cheques and the Travelex Cash Passports™ too).
When you get back, we'll buy your travel money back
Turn your unspent holiday money into pounds with Tesco Bank. Just pop into one of our in-store travel money bureaux when you get back to the UK and we'll buy back your unwanted money, in all the currencies we sell in most banknote values (this includes Travellers Cheques and the Travelex Cash Passports™ too). It doesn't matter where you bought your money, we'll still buy it back.
You can find your nearest in-store Tesco Travel Money Bureau using our Tesco Store Locator.
How our price match works
Let us know if you find a better exchange rate than we're offering advertised by another provider based within 3 miles of your chosen in-store Tesco Travel Money Bureau, on the same day, and we'll match it.
What you need to do
Simply give the following information to a member of our bureau de change staff, and we'll match the better rate:
- The name and address of the other foreign currency exchange provider that advertised the better rate
- The better rate advertised by that other provider
- The date and time the better rate was advertised (must be same day)
- The type of currency and product
- How much you want to exchange
The Price Match is only available in store, not online or over the phone. It only applies to like-for-like transactions and must be requested before you make your purchase.
The Price Match applies to foreign currency notes that your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau de Change has in stock at the time of purchase, American Express Travellers Cheques and Travelex Cash Passport™ prepaid currency cards.
In the event of dispute, the 3 mile distance will be measured using an appropriate route planning tool acceptable to us both. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Price Match at any time. We will give reasonable notice of our amendment or withdrawal.
Available in store only
The price match offer must be on a like-for-like basis and must be requested before you buy. Please read the full terms and conditions below or ask bureau staff for details.
Price Match Terms and Conditions
We are committed to matching the best rate you find advertised on your travel money purchase (that includes currency (subject to available stock), American Express Travellers Cheques or Travelex Cash Passport™ prepaid currency cards) at participating Tesco Travel Money Bureaux. So, subject to our Terms and Conditions below, if you find a better walk-up price (i.e. not sourced online) offered by another currency exchange provider within three miles of the Tesco Travel Money Bureau where you would like to exchange your currency, please let one of our Travel Money Advisors know and we will match the more competitive rate.
- Tesco Travel Money Price Match ("the Price Match") only applies to 'like for like' transactions where you are exchanging Pounds Sterling for personal use into any of the currencies in stock and sold at your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau, and you have found a more competitive exchange rate for that currency advertised at a retail or high street competitor based within 3 miles of your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau. A 'like for like' transaction is one that relates to the same product and currency and that is of the same (Pounds Sterling) value. In the event of dispute, the 3 mile distance will be measured using an appropriate route planning tool acceptable to us both.
- The Price Match applies to foreign currency notes that your chosen bureau has in stock at the time of purchase, American Express Travellers Cheques and Travelex Cash Passport™ prepaid currency cards.
- The Price Match relates to exchange rates advertised by another retail or high street currency exchange provider based in the area specified in Condition 1 above who offers a more competitive exchange rate than us in the ordinary course of business. It does not apply to exchange rates that need to be pre-booked, that are advertised online or by phone or that are not guaranteed. The Price Match does not apply to competitor exchange rates that are only available to staff, club members or other selected groups or individuals.
- The Price Match only applies before you have purchased currency at your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau. We will not refund your transaction to offer you a better rate if you try to use the Price Match after you have purchased your foreign currency from us.
- The Price Match is only available in store and does not apply to any exchange rates advertised online or over the telephone.
- We will compare the exchange rates advertised by your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau against those advertised by the other currency exchange provider for the same amount of foreign currency on the same day that you wish to purchase foreign currency from us. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, 'same day' means from 8am until the closing time on that day of your chosen Tesco Travel Money Bureau.
- The Price Match won't apply to any exchange rates that include any offers to buy back unspent foreign currency.
- We reserve the right not to apply the Price Match if we reasonably believe that you are purchasing foreign currency for wholesale, speculative or investment purposes.
- If you want to take advantage of the Price Match, we must be able to verify (by telephone or other means) the exchange rate that you have found advertised elsewhere, so you will need to provide us with all of the information asked for in Condition 10 below. If the exchange rate that you have found advertised elsewhere doesn't meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right not to apply the Price Match.
- You will need to give the following information to the Travel Money Advisor at your chosen participating Tesco Travel Money Bureau:
- the name and address of the other foreign currency exchange provider that advertised the better rate;
- the better rate advertised by that other provider;
- the date and time the better rate was advertised (must be same day);
- the type of currency and product required; and
- how much you want to exchange.
- We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Price Match at any time. We will give reasonable notice of our amendment or withdrawal (as appropriate) of the Price Match.
- The Price Match is not available in conjunction with any other Tesco Travel Money offer.
The Price Match is promoted and funded by Tesco Personal Finance plc trading as Tesco Bank. Registered in Scotland no. SC173199. Registered office: Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH.
Fees and charges
Is there a fee to pay with a credit or debit card?
We don't charge extra if you use your debit or credit card when buying your travel money in store. However, please note that, regardless of your credit or debit card type, your card provider may apply fees related to currency transactions (e.g. cash advance or other fees) so please check with them before you buy.
Terms and conditions
£5 off offer
For every £500 of foreign currency purchased at bureaux until 9 September 2014, you will receive £5 off your transaction cost. The offer relates to the value of foreign currency purchased and excludes any additional charges such as card handling fees.
The offer applies to purchases of foreign currency (notes, travellers cheques and Cash Passports™). Buy back transactions are excluded.
The offer is available on spend up to £3,000, with a maximum of £30 off.
Only available in store, not online or over the phone.
Not available in conjunction with any other Tesco Travel Money offer, including Price Match.
Tesco Travel Money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited. Registered no. 03797356. Registered office: 65 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TD. Tesco Travel Money ordered in store is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited. Registered no. 04621879. Registered office: 65 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TD.
Travelex Cash Passport is issued by and remains the property of R. Raphael & Sons plc. Registered no. 1288938. Registered office: Albany Court Yard, 47/48 Piccadilly, London W1J 0LR.
All American Express Travellers Cheques are issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., a New York corporation. For any information please contact: American Express Services Europe Limited. Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales with number 1833139.