Buy online or by phone
When it comes to travel money, we have a range of options to make it easier for you.
- Click & Collect
Order online or call us on 0845 366 0103 and collect from one of our in-store Travel Money Bureaux.
- Home delivery
Order online or call us on 0845 366 0103 to have your travel money delivered to your house.
Please note that exchange rates may vary depending on if you buy over the phone, online or in-store. If paying by credit or debit card in store, don't forget your photo ID.
- Great exchange rates
- Next day home delivery available on orders placed before 2pm Mon-Thurs
- Free home delivery if you spend £500 or more - Delivery charge of £3.95 if you spend between £50-£499
- 200 in-store bureaux around the country, open evenings and weekends
- Free, convenient and speedy Click and Collect service
- Currency for over 70 countries
- Travellers Cheques available in five currencies: US Dollars, Sterling, Japanese Yen, Canadian and Australian Dollars
- No cash advance fee and no handling fee if you pay with your Tesco Credit Card (conditions apply)
16.9%APR representative (variable)
Orders placed before 2pm Friday will be delivered Saturday or Monday. Orders placed after 2pm Monday-Friday, anytime Saturday-Sunday will be delivered within 2 working days.
Excludes Tesco Business Credit Cards. The Tesco Clubcard Credit Card is available to over 18s and UK residents only subject to status.
Buying foreign currency with a Tesco Clubcard Credit Card from Tesco Travel Money will count towards a customer's cash limit but will be treated as a purchase transaction and will still be charged interest at the purchase interest rate.
Click and Collect
Order your travel money online or over the phone, then collect it from selected in-store bureaux for free.
If you order Euro or US Dollars before 2pm, these can be collected from 2pm in one day's time. Other currencies ordered before 2pm can be collected from 2pm in three days' time.
Please remember, when you collect your order you must bring photographic ID (passport or drivers licence), the order reference number and the card the payment was made with. For full details please see the Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum order value £50, maximum order value £2,500.
- Payment will be taken on the date of order.
- The exchange rate applied to the transaction is secured on the date of order. If additional currency is requested at the point of collection, the bureau exchange rate for that date (collection date) will apply.
- Once placed, orders cannot be cancelled or amended.
- Order must be collected from the Tesco store selected at point of order (as stated on order confirmation).
- Order must be collected within 4 days of the selected collection date (as stated on order confirmation). Orders not collected during this period will be returned and the value of the transaction automatically refunded onto the payment card minus an administration charge of £10.
- Photographic ID (passport or drivers licence), order reference number and payment card must be presented at the bureau before the order can be collected. Orders must be collected by the person who placed the order.
- Order may be collected from 2pm on selected collection date (as specified on order confirmation).
- Euro and US Dollar orders placed before 2pm can be collected from 2pm in one day's time, all other currencies ordered before 2pm can be collected from 2pm in three days' time. A collection date up to 14 days in advance can be selected by the customer at the point of order if desired.
Fees and charges
What delivery fees could there be?
Orders of £500 or more are free, but please see the table below for all other orders:
|Order amount||Home Delivery charge||Bureau collection charge|
|£50 - £499||£3.95||Free|
|£500 and over||Free||Free|
Delivery fees correct as at 4 June 2012.
Are there any credit/debit charges?
Tesco Credit Cards
If you pay with your Tesco Credit Card, there's no cash advance fee (excluding Tesco Business Credit Card) or card handling fees. Buying foreign currency with a Tesco Clubcard Credit Card from Tesco Travel Money will count towards a customer's cash limit but will be treated as a purchase transaction and will still be charged interest at the purchase interest rate.
MasterCards - except Tesco MasterCard Credit Cards
If you pay online or over the phone with a MasterCard, you will be charged 1.5% of the order value as a card handling fee (minimum £4, maximum £25). This does not apply if you buy in store.
Visa Credit/Debit Cards and All Other Cards
If you buy in store, online or over the phone, using any other type of card, you will not be charged a card handling fee by us.
Please note that, regardless of your debit or credit card type, your card provider may apply fees related to currency transactions (e.g. a cash advance or other fees) so please check with them before you buy in store, online or over the phone.
Tesco Travel Money ordered online or by telephone is provided by Travelex Currency Services Limited. Registered no. 03797356. Registered office: 65 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TD. Tesco Travel Money ordered in store is provided by Travelex Agency Services Limited. Registered no. 04621879. Registered office: 65 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TD.
Travelex Cash Passport is issued by and remains the property of R. Raphael & Sons plc. Registered no. 1288938. Registered office: Albany Court Yard, 47/48 Piccadilly, London W1J 0LR.