Accident & Injury Pet Insurance
Pet insurance doesn't have to be expensive. This option gives you essential cover - so if your pet is involved in an accident and hurt or is attacked by another animal, we'll cover your veterinary fees up to £3,000 per injury caused by an accident for up to 12 months from the first date of the injury or up to the vet fee limit, whichever happens first.
- Cats only £4.00 a month
- Dogs only £6.25 a month
Tesco Accident & Injury Pet Insurance is arranged, administered and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
Your cat or dog is covered for:
- Accidents - such as road traffic and other accidents
- Injuries - including cuts and wounds
- Poisoning - if your cat or dog accidentally eats something nasty
- Animal attacks - if your pet is injured by another animal
- Third party liability - up to £2m if your dog causes damage to another person or their property
There's even a legal and veterinary helpline. Perfect if you need help with any issues related to your pet.
What do I get?
- Fixed excess payments so you'll always know what you need to pay for a claim.
- Pets can be insured from 8 weeks old with no maximum age limit.
- £2m Third Party Liability Cover (dogs only) included.
- 24-hour access to vetfone helpline.
- Advice and support if your pet passes away.
- Vets fee excesses are £50 for cats and £60 for dogs. For Third Party Liability Cover please note that you must pay the first £250 of any claim.
Vetfone - 24-hour help and advice
Tesco Pet Insurance provides access to vetfone. Please check your Policy Booklet for details.
What would happen if your pet became unwell, or you just needed some reassurance? One call to a UK-based, qualified veterinary nurse at vetfone could be all you need for peace of mind for you and your pet.
- 24 hour service - call anytime, even out-of-hours
- Professional advice - advice from vetfone's qualified veterinary nurses
- Save on vet bills - a quick call could answer your questions and could save you an expensive visit to the vet
- No limits - use the service as often as you like, it won't affect your premium or policy excess
The vetfone service is provided by Vetsdirect Limited.
Use your Clubcard vouchers to help pay for your policy by following the steps below.
- If you are getting a quote online, proceed to make a payment and select that you wish to pay with Clubcard vouchers.
- If you are getting a quote over the phone you will be asked if you would like to pay with Clubcard vouchers when we are taking the payment.
- We will take the first monthly premium from your chosen bank account.
- After the 14 day cooling off period, we will send you a form to return with your Clubcard vouchers. You can redeem any value of Clubcard vouchers up to the total amount of your next 12 monthly premiums.
- You will then receive a refund to the value of your Clubcard vouchers back into your bank account, and we will continue to deduct the monthly premiums from this account.
Terms and Conditions
- The maximum amount of Clubcard vouchers you redeem cannot exceed the total premium that you would pay for the next 12 months cover.
- After the 14 day cooling off period we will send you a form to return with your Clubcard vouchers. You can redeem any value of Clubcard vouchers up to the total amount of your next 12 monthly premiums.
- They must be valid, in date and not damaged, defaced, copied or altered.
- The Clubcard holder must live at the same address as the policyholder.
- Tesco Pet Insurance accepts no responsibility for Clubcard vouchers that are not received.
- Any change from your Clubcard vouchers will be credited to your Clubcard account and be advised to you in your next Clubcard statement.
- Every £1 voucher will be redeemed as £1 of payment for your insurance premium.
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. 173199. Registered Office: Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh EH12 5BH.