Tesco Clubcard points
Collect Clubcard points and get rewarded
It's simple: use your Tesco Bank Credit Card and you'll collect points on almost everything you buy¹, plus your credit card doubles as your Clubcard.
Exchange your vouchers
Get money off at the till – or get up to four times the value when you exchange your vouchers with Clubcard Boost.
There are hundreds of Boost partners to choose from. Whether it's eating out, fun days out, travel offers or gift ideas. Many of the Boost partners get you up to four times the value of your vouchers, so you can exchange £2.50 of Clubcard vouchers for £10 in Boost tokens.
Collecting Clubcard points
- Collect points on almost everything you buy. The Tesco Clubcard website has more information on collecting points.
- You must have available credit.
- The Clubcard scheme is administered by Tesco Stores which is responsible for fulfilling points.
¹ Business Credit Card customers do not collect Clubcard points. Bonus Credit Card customers do not collect the extra 1 point for using the credit card.
Refer a friend
It's easy to earn 1,000 extra Clubcard points
If you like your Clubcard Credit Card, why not recommend it to friends and family members? To say "thank you", you and your friend will collect 1,000 bonus Clubcard points when they're accepted for a Clubcard Credit Card.
You can introduce as many friends as you like.
How to claim points
Claiming points is easy, just follow these simple steps:
- Get the Recommend a Friend form [PDF, 928KB] and complete your details in part 1.
- Give the form to any relative or friend planning to take out a Clubcard Credit Card. They can apply online.
- Once the account is opened, they should complete part 2 and return the form to: Recommend a Friend offer, Tesco Bank, Freepost SC06327, Dundee, DD2 3UZ. No stamp is needed.
- You'll both get 1000 Clubcard points.
The offer is only available for new accounts. The Clubcard Credit Card is available to over 18, UK residents only, subject to status.
Payment Protection Insurance
Extra cover for accident, sickness and unemployment
You can take out Tesco Payment Protection Insurance for your credit card. The insurance provides cover if you're unable to work for more than 14 consecutive days due to:
- Involuntary unemployment (voluntary redundancy excluded)
This Payment Protection Insurance is optional. There are other providers of Payment Protection Insurance and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, visit the Money Advice Service website.
This policy pays 10% of your outstanding credit card balance (calculated on the date your claim arises) each month for a maximum of 12 months per claim. If you die, the insurance will pay off your outstanding credit card balance less any amount over your credit limit.
How much does it cost?
The insurance is 79p for every £100 of your highest balance on your statement each month. This price includes Insurance Premium Tax. We calculate this monthly, and add it to your outstanding credit card balance as at the date of your statement.
This means, for example, the cost of the insurance appearing on your monthly statement would be £1.58 for the month if your highest credit card balance for that month was £200 or £7.90 if the balance was £1,000.
We have also calculated the cost of our Payment Protection Insurance as a monthly cost for every £100 of monthly benefit. This shows how much this insurance costs you each month for every £100 in benefit that you would receive each month if you successfully claimed for accidents, sickness or unemployment. Under this policy, for every £7.90 that you pay as a monthly premium, you'll get £100 for each full month the claim lasts. This can be used to make comparisons with the cost of insurance from other providers.
Credit card interest
The policy premium is added to the amounts you owe on your credit card. This will be treated as a purchase transaction, which means that where interest is due on the transaction it will be charged at your purchase rate.
If you have no outstanding balance for the whole statement month, you won't pay a penny, although your cover will continue.
When the policy won't pay
This insurance contains terms and conditions; in certain circumstances this insurance will not pay benefits. Full details of when this insurance will and will not pay out are contained in the policy booklet which will be issued with your quote and is available to download.
Examples of significant exclusions are:
- Claims which result from self-inflicted injuries.
- Being under the influence of drink or drugs.
- Being fired from your job.
- Unemployment within 30 days of the start date.
Are you eligible for cover?
Tesco Payment Protection Insurance only covers people who are:
- 18 years or over but under 65
- In full-time employment or self-employed, working at least 16 hours per week
- Working and living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man
- Named as the principal cardholder under the card agreement
If you don't meet this criteria you're not eligible for the cover under this policy.
Get a full quote
Call Tesco Bank on 0845 300 4278
The insurer of this policy is Pinnacle Insurance plc. Cardif Pinnacle is a trading style of Pinnacle Insurance plc. Pinnacle Insurance plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Payment Protection Insurance policy [PDF, 252KB]
Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT.
Credit facilities available to over 18s and UK residents only subject to status.
Lost or stolen card?
Call us immediately on: 0845 300 4278
Lines are open 24/7.