Balance Transfer Credit Card
Enjoy the first 40 months with no interest to pay on balance transfers
Why pay interest when you don't have to? If you've got outstanding balances on other credit cards or store cards and are paying a higher rate of interest, you could save money by transferring them. Pay off the total transferred over a 40 month period and there is no interest to pay on that amount.
- Representative18.9%APR (variable)
- Interest rate on purchases18.9% p.a. (variable)
- Assumed credit limit£1,200
Why choose a Tesco Bank Credit Card?
Transfer your balance and you could make a saving
When you've had outstanding balances on credit and store cards for a while, the interest can really mount up. Our Balance Transfer Card could save you money if you're paying higher interest on your other cards.
Our card can help you spread the payment of those balances with no interest to pay on those amounts for the first 40 months. You can transfer up to 95% of your credit limit to your new card for a fee of 2.69% of the overall amount.
Our UK teams are here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Yes, even Christmas day.
Other customers have been asking:
Looking for something else?
- Credit cards
- Low APR Card
- Foundation Card
- No Fee Card
- Purchases Card
- Money Transfer Card
Key product information
Some things to remember
- 0% interest rates apply from the day you opened your account
- To benefit from this 0% period you must make your minimum payments in full, on time each month
- You can transfer up to 95% of your credit limit. You won’t be able to transfer a balance between Tesco Bank credit cards
- Our credit facilities are available to over 18s and UK residents only, subject to status
Before applying, you should review the Summary Box (PDF) for this product:
- Tesco Bank Balance Transfer Card Summary Box PDF, 1,470kb
Tesco Bank Credit Cards are provided by: Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT
What is APR?
APR stands for Annual Percentage Rate. It shows you how much your borrowing will cost over the period of an average year, over the term of your debt. It also helps you compare different cards on the market.
After a 0% period, the amount of interest you'll need to pay on any outstanding balances will be determined by the APR. Don't forget that the length of 0% period on your purchases and balance transfers might be different.
Collecting Clubcard points
How to collect Clubcard points with your Tesco Bank Clubcard Credit Card
It's simple: use your Clubcard Credit Card wherever you see the Mastercard logo. You'll collect points on almost everything you buy. Plus, your credit card doubles as your Clubcard, so you'll get:
- 5 Clubcard points for every £4 you spend at Tesco stores
- 5 Clubcard points for every £4 you spend on Tesco fuel (excludes Esso Fuel)
- 1 Clubcard point for every £8 you spend almost everywhere else
Exchange your vouchers for an extra boost
Every three months, your Clubcard points are turned into vouchers.
You can get money off at the till using your vouchers, or boost their value by up to four times with Clubcard Boost.
There are hundreds of Boost partners to choose from, whether you want to eat out, enjoy a fun day with the family, take advantage of travel offers or gift ideas. And with many of them you can get up to four times the value of your original voucher - that's £10 in Boost tokens for £2.50 worth of Clubcard vouchers.
Clubcard points terms and conditions
- You can collect one point in addition to your normal Clubcard points for each £4 you spend in a purchase transaction in Tesco (the minimum purchase is £4)
- You can collect one point for every £8 you spend in a purchase transaction outside Tesco (the minimum purchase is £8)
- You must have available credit
- There are some products at Tesco you can't collect points on. Find out more about collecting points at the Tesco Clubcard website
- The Clubcard scheme is administrated by Tesco stores, who are responsible for fulfilling points
- Earn rates are subject to change