How you can protect your devices
We take your security seriously.
Following some simple steps to protect your devices can help keep your accounts and identity safe from fraudsters' attempts.
When you’re online
- Protect your computer and mobile devices with up-to-date security software and install regular security and software updates.
- Keep your operating system up to date and always use an up-to-date Internet browser - find out more about the browsers we support when using Online Banking.
- Check a website is secure before you enter any account or card details. Look for the 'https' at the start of the web address and the padlock or unbroken key icon next to the address bar.
- Do not enter your security information on a website you have accessed via a link in an email or text message.
- Avoid using non-secure or unencrypted Wi-Fi, as fraudsters can set up malicious Wi-Fi networks that could intercept your data.
- Use public Wi-Fi hotspots only if you know they are trustworthy.
- Avoid downloading attachments or clicking links from unsolicited emails - please forward any suspicious emails from Tesco Bank to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only download apps, files and programmes from sources you trust.
- Make sure your device is locked when you're not using it, and don't share your password with anyone.
When using Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App
- Log in to your Tesco Bank account by opening your browser and manually typing in tescobank.com, or follow a saved bookmark.
- Do not let anyone else use your device if you are logged in to Online Banking or your Mobile Banking App.
- Do not leave your device unattended after you've logged in to Online Banking or your Mobile Banking App.
- Do not set up a public computer as a computer you want us to recognise e.g. in an internet cafe.
- Do not register the Mobile Banking App on someone else's phone.
- Log out of Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App when you've finished - do not rely on the website or the app to log you out automatically.
- Only download the Tesco Mobile Banking App from Google Play or the App Store, other sources could be phishing or malware
Find out more
Get more information on how to protect your devices at Get Safe Online, which is a joint initiative between Government, law enforcement, leading businesses and the public sector.