Hints & Tips
Mortgages from Tesco Bank
Competitive rates and excellent service
We’re now helping more customers make the move with our 95% loan to value (LTV) mortgages, meaning only a 5% deposit is needed towards the full value of the property*. Plus, we’ll give Clubcard points on monthly repayments.
*There is a non-refundable booking fee of £195. A product fee may apply.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE
Like what you see?
We're right here in the UK, from 8am to 9pm on weekdays, and 9am to 4pm on Saturdays.
0345 217 2050
Minicom: 0345 055 0607
These numbers may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.
Information you'll need
Whether you apply for a Tesco Bank mortgage online or over the phone, we'll ask you for:
- Your personal details - your name, address, date of birth and contact details.
- Details of the property to be mortgaged - we need to know the year the property was built and the construction type, for example, brick or stone.
- Your employment details - for example, are you employed or self-employed?
- When you plan to retire - if the mortgage term you ask for extends into your retirement, we'll ask for evidence of income during your retirement.
- Your financial commitments and monthly expenditure - it's important the figures you give us are accurate. You may want to have loan or credit card statements, your monthly bank statements and a list of your monthly spending to hand.
- Your existing mortgage details - if you're remortgaging, we'll need to know the details of your current mortgage.
- Documents to verify what you've told us - once you've completed the application, we'll ask you for documents that verify the information you've given us. You'll find more information about the kind of documents we accept in our document guide [PDF, 84KB].
If you decide not to take mortgage advice, this is called an 'Execution Only' application.
As voted by What Mortgage readers we've been named Best Direct Lender in 2014 and again in 2015.
We also won Moneynet's Best Direct Mortgage Provider 2015, for the second year in a row.