What does Pet Insurance cover?
Pets can hold a special place in your heart. It makes sense to take out pet insurance should they become ill, injured or stolen.
Alongside cover for injuries or illnesses, Pet Insurance might include many extras to look after your furry friends.
Accident & Injury policies
Your pet will be covered against accidental injuries which occur inside or outside the home. Some policies may also cover illnesses that result from an accident.
Cover is normally limited to a set period after the accident or illness occurred.
Alongside cover for injuries or illnesses, pet insurance might include many extras to look after your furry friends:
- Accidental death - pets are priceless but insurance can pay out if they go missing, are stolen or are fatally hurt in an accident.
- Third party liability insurance (dogs only) - pays towards compensation and costs awarded against the owner by a court if your dog causes death or injury to a person, or causes damage to someone else's property.
- Theft or straying - pays towards advertising and often includes reward. If your pet isn't found, then there is usually a set amount towards your pet's purchase price.
- Hospitalisation of owner - cost of boarding fees if you have to go into hospital for emergency treatment.
- Pays a set amount if you have to cancel or cut short your holiday or if your pet goes missing or needs emergency life-saving treatment.
- Overseas travel including emergency expenses cover whilst abroad and cover for the loss of your pet's passport.