Making changes or upgrading your policy
Visit our alternative Existing customers page if you hold a Box Insurance policy.
You can make changes or upgrade your cover at any time by calling our UK based staff on 0845 246 2895. It is very important that you tell us of us any changes to your, or any named drivers', details or circumstances to ensure you are covered in the event of a claim.
Renewing your policy
Renewing your policy couldn't be easier. We'll send you a renewal invite around 21 days before your renewal date.
Your renewal invite will contain your renewal price and details of your cover. Please ensure that you check your Statement of Fact and call us if your details have changed.
Your renewal invite will inform you whether or not your policy will renew automatically.
If you have asked us to renew your policy automatically, all you'll need to do is check that the information on the renewal invite is accurate and call us only if you need to make any changes.
If you have to opted to manually renew your Tesco Car Insurance by credit or debit card, simply call our renewal line on 0845 246 2895 before the renewal date shown on your invite and we'll do the rest.
Existing customers' policy info
For our existing customers, we've listed versions of the policy booklet below.
Please make sure that you read the version applicable to the start date or the renewal date of your policy. You should refer to your policy schedule which will list the sections of the policy terms applicable to the cover you selected.
For customers who bought a new policy
- Policy started on or after 14 August 2013 Policy Booklet [PDF, 232KB]
- Policy started between 22 May 2013 and 13 August 2013 Policy Booklet [PDF, 2MB]
- Policy started between 2 December 2012 and 21 May 2013 Policy Booklet [PDF, 182KB]
- Policy started between 31 August 2012 and 1 December 2012 Policy Booklet [PDF, 176KB]
- Policy started between 11 October 2011 and 30 August 2012 Policy Booklet [PDF, 240KB]
For customers who renewed their policy
- Policy renewed on or after 14 August 2013 Policy Booklet [PDF, 232KB]
- Policy renewed between 22 May 2013 and 13 August 2013 Policy Booklet [PDF, 2MB]
- Policy renewed between 2 December 2012 and 21 May 2013 Policy Booklet [PDF, 182KB]
- Policy renewed between 31 August 2012 and 1 December 2012Policy Booklet [PDF, 176KB]
- Policy renewed between 16 February 2011 and 30 August 2012Policy Booklet [PDF, 240KB]
Breakdown cover is underwritten by RAC Motoring Services. Onward Travel and European Cover is underwritten by RAC Insurance Limited.
- Policy Booklet & Summary [PDF, 324KB]
Tell us when your insurance is due for renewal
We're giving away 125 Clubcard points!
Just tell us your car, home or pet insurance renewal month, or all three, on our renewal dates website so that we can contact you at the right time with our latest offers and deals.
If you're a Clubcard customer, you will get 125 Clubcard points if you enter your dates here, by 18 February 2014. Simply enter your Clubcard number on the renewals website. Conditions apply.
See full terms and conditions on the renewals microsite.
Go to renewals microsite.