Foundation Credit Card
Helping you to improve and rebuild your credit rating
If you’re looking to rebuild or improve your credit rating following a history of impaired or bad credit, then our Foundation Credit Card could help you get back on track. Stay in control with lower credit limits and manageable monthly repayments from £25.
- Representative rate27.5%APR (variable)
- Interest rate on purchases27.5% p.a. (variable)
- Assumed credit limit£1,200
Why choose our Foundation Credit Card?
Get a little help managing your credit score with Noddle
We’ve joined forces with Noddle, part of the Callcredit Information Group, to help our Foundation Credit Card customers take control of their credit score and start to understand their finances better.
Noddle is a free service which allows you to view your credit report, credit score, rating and financial history. Additionally, as a Foundation Credit Card customer you will also benefit from free access to Noddle Improve and Noddle Alerts for 3 years from the moment you sign up. Find out more
Noddle Improve – information and helpful tips on how you can improve your credit score.
Noddle Alerts – sending you notifications when there are significant changes to your credit report, allowing you to stay in control of your report and spot any problems quickly.
All of which can help you keep on top of things.
Helping you to rebuild your credit rating
If you're yet to build your credit rating or it's not as good as you would like, then you might want to consider our Foundation Credit Card. As long as you earn over £5,000 per year and can afford to repay at least £25 a month, this could be the card for you.
You're more likely to be accepted if you haven't received any County Court Judgments (CCJs) in the past 18 months and haven't had an account closed in the past year due to missed repayments. We do offer a range of credit cards so make sure the Foundation Card is the right one for you.
Our UK teams are here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Yes, even Christmas day.
Other customers have been asking:
Looking for something else?
- Credit cards
- No Fee Card
- Low APR Card
- Balance Transfer Card
- Purchases Card
- Money Transfer Card
- Premium Card
Key product information
Some things to remember
- 0% interest rates apply from the day you opened your account
- Our credit facilities are available to over 18s and UK residents only, subject to status
Before applying, you should review the Summary Box for this product:
- Tesco Bank Foundation Card Summary Box PDF, 70kb
Tesco Bank Credit Cards are provided by: Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT
What is APR?
APR stands for Annual Percentage Rate. It shows you how much your borrowing will cost over the period of an average year, over the term of your debt. It also helps you compare different cards on the market.
After a 0% period, the amount of interest you'll need to pay on any outstanding balances will be determined by the APR. Don't forget that the length of 0% period on your purchases and balance transfers might be different.
Collecting Clubcard points
How to collect Clubcard points with your Tesco Bank Clubcard Credit Card
It's simple: use your Clubcard Credit Card wherever you see the Mastercard logo. You'll collect points on almost everything you buy.
- For the Premium Credit Card you collect 1 Clubcard point for every £1 spent (£1 minimum) in Tesco and 1 point for every £4 spent (£4 minimum) outside Tesco in each purchase transaction
- For all our other credit cards you earn 1 Clubcard point for every £4 spent (£4 minimum) in Tesco and 1 point for every £8 spent (£8 minimum) outside Tesco in each purchase transaction
- There are some products at Tesco you can't collect points on. Find out more about collecting points at the Tesco Clubcard website. Clubcard points also can’t be collected on Tesco Travel Money purchases
- Earn rates are subject to change
- You must have available credit
- The promoter of Tesco Clubcard is Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA, who are responsible for fulfilling points.
- If you have applied and been accepted for a Foundation Credit Card then we’ll send you a welcome email within three weeks of receiving your card, including a link to the sign up page.
- If you’re already a Noddle customer and are accepted for a Foundation credit card, then you’ll have the opportunity to upgrade your account to have access to Noddle Improve and Noddle Alerts through the welcome email.
- As part of the sign-up process you will be required to pass Noddle’s identity validation checks before accessing your Noddle account.
- After three years, your additional benefits (Noddle Improve and Noddle Alerts) will expire, but you can choose to renew and pay for these benefits if you want to. The good news is, you will still have access to your free for life credit report and score.
- It’s worth knowing that only the primary credit card account holder will have access to Noddle.