For repeat medication and ongoing treatment claims, you can claim by uploading your vet bills and invoices quickly and easily using our online claims portal. We can make payment to the policyholder or the treating veterinary practice, whichever you prefer.
For new vet fee or new medication claims download the form. You can track the progress of any existing claim using our claims portal.
For claims that don't include vet treatment, for example accident damage or lost and found cover, please email us.
Referral vet important information
If your pet needs to be treated by a referral vet, and it is not for emergency treatment, please choose a vet named within our Preferred Referral Network. If for any reason you wish to choose a referral vet from outside our network, please contact us on 0330 100 6460, otherwise you will need to pay £200 of the referral vet bill yourself. This amount is in addition to your policy excess.
If your pet needs emergency treatment for a situation that, if not resolved immediately, will lead to a loss of life or cause a serious threat to the present or ongoing health of your pet, you will not have to pay the additional £200 excess regardless of which referral vet you visit.
Looking for more information?
Track your claim
Use our online portal to track current and previous claims.
How to make a new claim
Instructions for pet owners and vets
Whether you’re the owner or the vet, simply complete our online claim form to claim back medication and treatment costs.
Follow the simple steps below:
- Download the form
- Complete the form. Make sure you’ve completed all the information – if you think we need to know you should mention it
- To make it even easier a signature is not required
- Email the form to the treating vet to complete. Once the vet has completed their part of the claim form they can email this through to us with all invoices and medical history, please ensure that your original email is forwarded along with this for validation purposes
- If your vet agrees, we can pay them directly
- We’ll contact you as soon as we process your claim
Following this simple process will eliminate the need for printers to be used as well as speeding up the claims process.
If you need to talk to us about your claim, please call us on: 0345 078 3860
(lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, and Saturday 9am-1pm)
This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.
If you would prefer to email, please use the address below:
For claims that don't include vet fees, for example accidental damage, emergency boarding or lost and found cover, please email our claims team providing full details of what happened including copies of any invoices and any other supporting evidence:
Full details of what evidence will be required can be found in your policy wording.
Third party liability claims
You must not admit liability or promise any payment without our written permission. Please call the following number straight away and send any writ, summons, legal documents or other communication you receive:
Please check your policy schedule to see if this cover is included in your policy.
Phone straight away so you can get the necessary help and guidance you need. This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.
All claims are subject to excesses
Various excesses apply to your policy. Read our page on excesses for more information.
To see excesses that apply to your policy, check your policy schedule.
For all policy types, we do not cover:
- The excess specified in your policy scheduleThe excess specified in your policy schedule
- Food, supplements or non-prescription medicationFood, supplements or non-prescription medication
- Flea treatmentFlea treatment
For Tesco Bank Pet Insurance Standard, Extra or Premier cover we do not provide any cover for:
- Any illness or injury that started before the policy start dateAny illness or injury that started before the policy start date
- Any illness that started within the first 14 days of the policy start dateAny illness that started within the first 14 days of the policy start date
For Tesco Bank Pet Insurance Accident & Injury cover, we do not provide any cover for:
- Any treatment that is not the result of an injuryAny treatment that is not the result of an injury
- Any injury that occurred before the policy start dateAny injury that occurred before the policy start date
- Any injury that occurred within the first 5 days of the policy start dateAny injury that occurred within the first 5 days of the policy start date
Further limitations on cover apply. For detailed information on what's not covered by the policy please consult your policy documentation.
Once you've purchased Tesco Bank Pet Insurance cover, we'll keep you informed by sending you a welcome pack, including your policy documents.
Please call us on 0345 078 3860* and we can answer any questions you may have.
*This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.
Tesco Bank Pet Insurance is arranged, administered and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Ltd.