You may have trouble getting in touch with us right now as our call centre is really busy and opening hours are reduced. However, you can manage your car insurance policy online through Your Insurance Account, which is simple to use and available 24/7.
We know some of our customers are financially impacted by COVID-19 and are looking for ways to save some money right now.
You can review and update your details if how you use your car has changed by logging in to Your Insurance Account, or by getting in touch with us. If you do want to update your details, there are no admin fees for doing so.
If you have previously paid annually for your policy, when you come to renewal, you could change to monthly payments to help spread the cost. You can log in to Your Insurance Account to do this. Please be aware that interest is payable on monthly premiums.
Here are some questions you could also consider:
- Are you still using your car to get to and from work?
- Are you driving the same number of miles?
- Has the usual place your car is parked overnight changed?
- Are the same people driving the car?
- Have you thought about whether you'll need the optional extras on your policy?
Please note, any changes you make may also increase as well as decrease your premium. Also, when things get back to normal, it's your responsibility to ensure your policy is up to date again - otherwise it could invalidate any future claim.
If you do want to make changes, in Your Insurance Account you can:
- Change your mileage and car use
- Remove additional drivers if they're currently not using the car
- Amend your overnight parking location
Keeping your car insured - even if you're not using it at the moment, is a legal requirement.
If after updating your details you’re still worried about falling behind on your payments as a result of COVID-19, please call us on 0345 246 2895. You’ll need to get in touch at least 10 days before your payment’s due so we can discuss your options.
If you have any other questions please check our supporting COVID-19 Car Insurance FAQs.
Managing your Tesco Bank Car or Home Insurance online
Your Insurance Account is the easy way to manage your car and home insurance policy, it's secure and simple to use and available 24/7.
Here's some examples of what you can do:
- Make changes to your policy such as changing your address or vehicle without incurring an administration fee
- View, download and then print any of your policy documents
- Check your renewal price and renew online
- Upload and send us documents such as your proof of no claims