Car Insurance cover
Get Car Insurance you can trust, whether you choose our Defaqto 5 Star rated Standard Car Insurance or Box Insurance for young drivers. Learn more about our policies and get a quote.
Unleash the power of Clubcard Prices.
Get a minimum discount of 10% if you’re a Clubcard member renewing an existing or buying a new Standard Car policy.
Valid on all new quotes purchased by 30 June 2022, or existing customers with a renewal date between 29 March 2022 to 28 July 2022 (inclusive).
Just so you know, the discount does not apply to add-ons and customers will need to enter their Clubcard number if required.
Car insurance for drivers aged 21 and over
Our Standard Car Insurance is for drivers aged 21 and over and has a wide range of features and benefits that come as standard.
- Defaqto 5 Star rated cover. Defaqto an independent researcher of financial products
- Four levels of optional Tesco Bank Breakdown cover to choose from, provided by RAC Insurance Limited
- Personalise your cover - pay to add the optional extras that suit your needs
- There when you need us with our 24-hour UK-based accident helpline
- Our Car Insurance is arranged and administered by Tesco Bank and is underwritten by Tesco Underwriting Ltd
- Manage your insurance policy online at a time convenient for you, 24 hours a day
Box insurance for drivers aged 17-35
Young drivers insurance allows us to reward safe driving by giving you monthly bonus miles.
- A small black box is fitted to your car, neatly out of sight
- Fixed premium for the year, no curfews or fines
- Choice of 6,000, 8,000 or 10,000 miles; top up if you need to
- Our Box Insurance is administered by Insure the Box and underwritten by their specialist range of insurers
- Your price at renewal may increase or decrease and will depend on a number of things, one of them being driving behaviour
Helpful information about car insurance
What does comprehensive car insurance cover?
Comprehensive car insurance covers you for accidental damage to your car, and loss by fire or theft. It also gives you cover for damage you cause to other people's property and injury to other people.
What’s the difference between comprehensive and third party cover?
Third-party cover is the lowest level of insurance you can get. You’re covered for damage you cause to other people's property and injury to other people – but any damage to your own car isn't covered. A comprehensive policy covers damage to your car too.
Tesco Bank Car Insurance is arranged and administered by Tesco Bank and is underwritten by Tesco Underwriting Ltd.
Tesco Bank Box Insurance is arranged and administered by Insure The Box Limited and is underwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company of Europe SE.
You'll find complete details of the cover, monetary limits, exclusions, excesses and terms in our policy documents.
Before you buy your Tesco Bank Car or Box Insurance online, please read the policy documents to ensure that the policy you select meets your needs. The policy booklet and product information documents outline the benefits, limitations and exclusions that will apply to your cover.
Other customers have been asking
Contact us, we’re here to help
Need a few questions answered? Want to chat rather than scroll? Our UK-based teams are here to talk to you seven days a week.
Car Insurance for drivers aged 21 and over: Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-2pm.
Box Insurance for drivers aged 17-35: Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm.