Ready to apply for a mortgage? Let's get you started.
We want your application to be easy as possible. So before you apply, please run through this checklist and double check that you have all the information we'll ask for and can answer the questions we'll ask you. It'll save time now and effort later on.
Please check that these statements apply to you
Your deposit / equity
Properties older than two years
Check that you have at least the minimum deposit or equity from your current property to apply for a Tesco Bank mortgage.
|The amount you want to borrow||Minimum deposit / equity|
|Up to £300,000||5% of the property value|
|Up to £500,000||10% of the property value|
|Up to £750,000||20% of the property value|
|Up to £1,000,000||25% of the property value|
New build properties
Check that you have at least the minimum deposit / equity from your current property to apply for our mortgages.
We define new build as new, newly converted and previously unoccupied properties built within the last two years.
|Property type||Amount to be borrowed||Minimum deposit / equity|
|House||Up to £500,000||15% of the property value|
|House||Up to £1,000,000||20% of the property value|
|Flat||Up to £1,000,000||25% of the property value|
About your mortgage
Please check that you can answer yes to these statements
About your property
Please check that we offer a mortgage for your property
New home warranty schemes we accept
For new build properties, the property must be covered by a new home warranty scheme from our acceptable list. We are unable to accept architect/surveyor certificates.
We define new build as new, newly converted and previously unoccupied properties built within the last 2 years.
Our accepted new home warranty schemes:
- Zurich Municipal, provided there is already a warranty in place or the property is on a development which has already commenced (in both cases, Zurich must confirm that it will honour the warranty)
- Premier Guarantee
- Building Life Plan (BLP)
- LABC New Home Warranty
- Castle 10 New Home Warranty - provided by Checkmate
- CRL Management Ltd
Ways to apply
You'll save time when applying if you have this information ready
Your home may be repossessed, as a last resort, if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Get advice from our experts free of charge
Our qualified mortgage advisers can recommend a mortgage product from our range that best suits your situation, free of charge, by phone.
Our UK-based Mortgage Team is available from 8am to 9pm on weekdays, and 9am to 4pm on Saturdays.
Call: 0345 217 2050
Minicom: 0345 055 0607
These numbers may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.
Apply online without advice
If you’re happy to apply without advice, you can use our online non-advised (execution only) application.
Just so you know, Tesco Bank is not required to assess the suitability of the mortgage you apply for online, and you will not receive the same protection afforded to customers who use our advised service if you choose this route.
Things you should know
Mortgage purposes explained
- Buy to Let — a process of buying a residential property in order to let it out to tenants.
- Right to Buy schemes — allows some local authority tenants to apply to buy their home from their local authority at a reduced price.
- Shared Ownership schemes — allows you to buy a share of your home, usually from a local authority or housing association (between 25% and 75% of the home's value), and pay rent on the remaining share. In addition we do not offer remortgages on ex-council properties.
- Government Help to Buy schemes — under the scheme, borrowers with a deposit of between 5% and 20% can take advantage of an equity loan from the Government to purchase a new or existing property.