Standard or Extra Pet Insurance
Standard or Extra Pet Insurance
Free £30 Tesco Gift Card for new customers with a Clubcard who get a Tesco Pet Insurance quote for a Standard or Extra policy between 22 May 2013 and 13 August 2013, and buy within 30 days quoting OFFER30. (More about this offer)
We are also giving new customers with a Clubcard who buy online a discount of up to 30% in year 1. At least 10% of Clubcard customers will achieve the 30% discount. The discount consists of a 20% introductory online discount plus an additional Clubcard discount.
Tesco Pet Accident & Injury insurance is excluded from the Clubcard discount and free Tesco Gift Card offer.
Tesco Pet Insurance is arranged, administered and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
- Fixed excess payments so you'll always know what you need to pay for a claim
- Multi pet discount, get a 10% discount on the additional premium for each additional pet you add to your policy (discounts are applied consecutively)
- Pets can be insured from 8 weeks old with no maximum age limit
- £2m Third Party Liability Cover (dogs only) included
- 24-hour access to vetfone helpline
- We don't change the policy conditions just because your pet gets older
- Additional cover options available for even more protection
- Advice and support if your pet passes away
- Pay by monthly Direct Debit
Vetfone - 24-hour help and advice
Tesco Pet Insurance provides access to vetfone. Please check your Policy Booklet for details.
What would happen if your pet became unwell, or you just needed some reassurance? One call to a UK-based, qualified veterinary nurse at vetfone could be all you need for peace of mind for you and your pet.
- 24 hour service - call anytime, even out-of-hours
- Professional advice - advice from vetfone's qualified veterinary nurses
- Save on vet bills - a quick call could answer your questions and could save you an expensive visit to the vet
- No limits - use the service as often as you like, it won't affect your premium or policy excess
The vetfone service is provided by Vetsdirect Limited.
Pets and people are diverse. That's why Standard and Extra Pet Insurance comes with a choice of cover levels:
|Cover level||Standard cover||Extra cover|
|Cover outline||Includes the cost of treating injuries or illnesses up to £3,000 per eligible condition, including up to £500 for complementary therapy.||For Extra cover you can choose between two cover level limit options of either £4,000 or £7,500 cover for Vets fees to treat each eligible injury or illness. Also included is £1,000 for complementary therapy.|
|Time limit on claiming||Up to 12 months cover from the first date of treatment for the eligible condition. You will not be able to claim on your policy for the same condition once the maximum limit is reached or after 12 months has passed from the first date of treatment for the condition (policy must remain active throughout).||No time limit on claiming as long as the policy remains active. You will not be able to claim on the policy for the same condition once the maximum limit is reached.|
Our standard excesses are £50 for cats and £60 for dogs. When you get a quote, you can increase your excess level and lower your premium.
What can I add to Standard and Extra?
With Tesco Pet Insurance you have the option to extend your cover, for an additional amount on your monthly premium.
- Additional benefits package:
- Accidental death - Pets are priceless - but if your pet is fatally hurt following an accidental injury then you could receive your pet's purchase price as shown in your policy schedule (up to £1,500).
- Theft or straying - Up to £1,000 towards the costs of local advertising, which includes up to £200 reward and up to £1,500 towards your pet's purchase price if your pet is not found.
- Hospitalisation of owner - Up to £1,000 in boarding fees if you have to go into hospital for emergency treatment for more than 4 days in a row.
- Holiday cancellation or curtailment - Up to £5,000 cover if you have to cancel or cut short your holiday or if your pet goes missing or needs emergency life saving treatment.
- Pet travel cover - cover your pet when you take them on a trip abroad.
Use your Clubcard vouchers to help pay for your policy by following the steps below.
- If you are getting a quote online, proceed to make a payment and select that you wish to pay with Clubcard vouchers.
- If you are getting a quote over the phone you will be asked if you would like to pay with Clubcard vouchers when we are taking the payment.
- We will take the first monthly premium from your chosen bank account.
- After the 14 day cooling off period, we will send you a form to return with your Clubcard vouchers. You can redeem any value of Clubcard vouchers up to the total amount of your next 12 monthly premiums.
- You will then receive a refund to the value of your Clubcard vouchers back into your bank account, and we will continue to deduct the monthly premiums from this account.
Terms and Conditions
- The maximum amount of Clubcard vouchers you redeem cannot exceed the total premium that you would pay for the next 12 months cover.
- After the 14 day cooling off period we will send you a form to return with your Clubcard vouchers. You can redeem any value of Clubcard vouchers up to the total amount of your next 12 monthly premiums.
- They must be valid, in date and not damaged, defaced, copied or altered.
- The Clubcard holder must live at the same address as the policyholder.
- Tesco Pet Insurance accepts no responsibility for Clubcard vouchers that are not received.
- Any change from your Clubcard vouchers will be credited to your Clubcard account and be advised to you in your next Clubcard statement.
- Every £1 voucher will be redeemed as £1 of payment for your insurance premium.
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. 173199. Registered Office: Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh EH12 5BH.
Free £30 Tesco Gift Card - Additional Terms & Conditions
- Clubcard number must be provided during quote.
- One offer per household.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- If you cancel your policy within the first 14 days you will not receive the Tesco Gift Card.
- The Tesco Gift Card will be posted (no duplicates will be sent) to the policyholder's address within 6 weeks of the policy start date.