Choosing a handyman
If you need a repairman in an emergency our 24 hour emergency helpline can give you the names and contact numbers for tradesmen in your area.
You will have to pay for any repairs yourself but keep receipts if you intend to make a claim.
Tips on choosing a handyman
It can be quite tricky to decide on a handyman, he has to be trustworthy, qualified and most of all you must feel comfortable around him so we have put together a simple list of what to look out for when choosing the right person for the job.
- Do you feel comfortable on your first meeting?
- Is he pro-active, trying to find alternative ways to solve the problem?
- Can he get materials at discount rates?
- Check he or she is qualified for the job you need done.
- Get a written contract before any work gets done.
- Check he or she is insured in case something goes wrong.
- Only pay half of the total fee up front and the rest upon successful completion of the job.
Hopefully these pointers will help you choose the right man for the job.
Have a question, need to make a claim, renew your policy or access to 24hr helplines?
Clubcard Price Promise
Get an exclusive discount if you are a Clubcard customer. Just quote your number when you apply.