Hitting the road come holiday time has its benefits. Caravan holidays offer freedom, comfort and convenience; from beautiful scenery to city breaks and rugged retreats.
To get the most out of your caravanning holiday here are a few things worth remembering:
- Popular destinations fill up quickly during the summer so always book in advance.
- Site facilities range from hot showers and running electricity to children's play parks, BBQ facilities, even on-site farms.
- Towing, the law. Before heading out on a caravanning holiday be sure and check your license. What you can legally tow will depend on when you passed your test and the category of your license.
- Match you car with its safe load-bearing weight to stay safe on the road. The maximum amount of weight your car can tow (the noseweight) will be in your car’s handbook. To stay safe visit the DirectGov website for impartial advice.
- If you haven't towed before there are places you can go to practice before setting off.
- Before leaving it's worth creating a basic check list of everything you need to bring with you – clothing, camping equipment and everything in between.
- Keep your clothing and camping equipment in crates. You'll be able to stack them neatly, maximising your space and saving time.
- If you're holidaying as a couple why not save space and double up on sleeping bags.
- Lastly, before going on any caravanning holiday ensure that your car insurance includes motorhome cover for the countries you're visiting.
Now, all that's left to do is to hit the road!