Switch your current account to Tesco Bank
Sit back and relax – we'll switch everything over for you, guaranteed
Tesco Current Accounts are part of the Current Account Switch Service, which guarantees a reliable and hassle-free switch from your old current account in just seven working days. So if you want to change your bank account, you can switch straight away or choose a date in the future that's best for you.
All done in 7 working days
Current Account Switch Guarantee
The Current Account Switch Guarantee was designed to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider, we offer the following guarantee:
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
Your switch in detail
Access your money
It's your money, so you can get hold of it at any time during the switch
You'll be able to access the funds in your old bank account up to and until we complete your switch when they'll be transferred to your Tesco Current Account. Also, we won't start the switch process unless your Tesco debit card is active to make sure you always have access to your money.
That means you can access your money with your old card right up to your switch date, and swap over to your Tesco debit card after that.
- Switching guide PDF, 193kb
Keep your old account
Want to keep your old account open but move all your payments to your new Tesco Current Account?
You could consider using our Payments Transfer Service instead of switching.
You can do this at any time, although unfortunately it’s not covered by the Switch Guarantee so it might take longer than seven working days.
|Feature||Current Account Switch Service||Payments Transfer Service|
|The switch date can be selected in advance and agreed with the new bank||Yes||No|
|All payment arrangements are transferred automatically||Yes, all payment arrangements will be transferred||Yes, we’ll transfer all outward direct debits, bill payments/payees and standing orders|
|Transactions will be redirected to ensure all payments attempting to be collected from or being made to an old account will redirect to the new account||Yes, there is an automated re-direction service||No|
|Closing balance transfers automatically||Yes||No|
|Old account will close automatically||Yes||No|
|Customers are protected by a service Guarantee||Yes||No|
|The switch will occur in 7 working days||Yes||No, not guaranteed|
- Switching guide PDF, 193kb
Contact our dedicated Switching team on 0345 366 6470* to arrange a payment transfer.
*This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator. Lines are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Calls may be recorded.
The Payments Council created SimplerWorld on behalf of all banks and building societies that participate in the Current Account Switch Guarantee.