Reducing our environmental impact
Tesco aim to play a leadership role in tackling climate change. Evolving scientific evidence tells us that we need to move ever more quickly to reduce emissions.
Despite the recession, customers want to be green and expect us to be too.
Our key objectives
To establish a community investment programme that will:
- Engage young people
- Engage staff in our community investment programme
- Engage staff in volunteering
- Support charitable organisations
- Reduce environmental impact
- Increase financial literacy and reduce bad debt
Why not browse through the community pages to find out how we are working hard at Tesco Bank to play a positive role in the community.
What We Won't Support
You will find more information about the Community Partners we support in these pages. However, as we receive many more requests for support than we are able to accommodate with our finite budgets, there are some organisations which we will not support, unless initiated by Tesco Group.
Charitable Requests from, or that benefit:
- Religious organisations
- Overseas organisations
- Political organisations
- Mix sponsorship and charitable giving (i.e. we wouldn’t sponsor a charity event)
- Fundraising Events