New to Online Banking?
If you’re new to Online Banking, we’ll show you how to register and login here.
Why register for Online Banking?
Once you register for Online Banking, you will be able to:
- View your Credit Card balance and transactions
- Access your Credit Card statements online
- Make one-off payments using your debit card
- Set up and manage a Direct Debit payment
- Set up alerts so you can stay in control of your Credit Card
- Update your personal details
- Make balance transfers
- Request a credit limit increase
- Add an additional cardholder
- Choose paperless statements
How to register for Online Banking
If you are the primary cardholder, you can register for Online Banking to manage your account online. Watch our registration demonstration for a step-by-step guide to the process or follow the steps below:
- To begin, select Credit Cards from the dropdown menu at the top right of the screen, and then choose Register
- On the next page, we’ll ask you to enter some information we can use to identify you, including your Credit Card number, name, date of birth and postcode.
- As an additional security measure to confirm your identity, we’ll send a Temporary Security Number by text message to your mobile phone, or by post if we don’t have your mobile phone number. If you’ve received the Temporary Security Number by text message, you’ll need to enter the code on screen to continue. If you’ve received it by post however, once you receive it you’ll need to select ‘Register’ from the login page and enter the Temporary Security Number when requested.
- We’ll then ask you to create some security details that you’ll need to use each time you login to Online Banking.
To find out more about creating your security details, you can:
- view our registration demonstration
- view the section called What you’ll need to set up your security details
What you’ll need to set up your security details
We’ll ask you to input and remember some security details which include:
- A Username
- A personal image and phrase that will be displayed each time you login
- A Security Number
- A Password
- Telephone security questions, which will be used if you ever need to phone us
Your image and phrase
We ask you to choose an image and phrase when you create your security details. Once you login, we display your chosen image and phrase so you can be sure you’re on the real Tesco Bank website. We do this as a security measure to help protect you from phishing.
When you create your new security details, we’ll ask you to choose an image from a selection on screen and enter a short, memorable phrase of your choice.
Every time you login, you will be shown your chosen image and phrase.
If you don’t recognise your image or phrase, or you’re not sure, don’t enter any of your security details and instead contact us immediately.
Recognising your computer
When you register for Online Banking, we ask if we can electronically ‘recognise’ the computer you are using. Recognising your computer is an extra level of security we use to confirm it’s you logging in. You can ask us to recognise more than one computer (your home and work computers, for example) but you shouldn’t ask us to recognise a shared or public computer (a computer in an internet café or a public library, for example).
If we don’t recognise a computer you’re using, we’ll need to identify you in a different way. We’ll send a code by text message to your mobile phone, which you can then enter on screen to complete your login. This code is called a One Time Access Code.
You can find out more here:
- Why do you ask if I want you to recognise my computer?
- Why don’t you recognise my computer when I login?
- Why do you need my mobile number for online banking?
Your Online Banking Overview
Once you’ve set up your security details, you’ll see an Online Banking Overview when you login.
This page shows you a summary of your Credit Card account details and allows you to do the following:
- See important messages from us, for example when the site will be closed while maintenance work is carried out.
- Update the security details you use to login to Online Banking by selecting the Manage my security details link on the top left side of the screen.
- See a summary page of your last six transactions with Your Accounts. You can show or hide this section by clicking on the highlighted panel.
- Make a transaction or see more information about your account by clicking on the Manage button.
This is what the Online Banking Overview looks like:
If you have more than one product with us
Logging in to Online Banking
- If you currently use Online Banking for more than one product, for example a Savings account and Credit Card account, you will need to use different login details for these accounts.
Updating your personal details
- If you only need to update your mobile phone number, simply login and select ‘Manage my security details’ from the Online Banking Overview from the menu on the left.
- If you need to update your address, email address, mobile phone number and home phone number, you can do this easily in Online Banking. To get started, you’ll need to login and select ‘Manage’ next to the account you want to update, then choose ‘Manage your account’ for credit cards, or ‘Other services’ for Savings and Loans. Remember you’ll have to update your personal details for each set of login details you have.
Managing your Online Banking security details
Within your Online Banking Overview, you can update your Online Banking security details.
Login to your account and, once you access the Online Banking Overview page, click the Manage my security details link on the left side.
You will then access a screen like the one shown below, where you can update any of your security details.
If you would like more information, you can view our login demonstration.
If you forget any of your security details when you try to login, we’ll help you retrieve or reset them as you login.