Forgotten or locked out
If you’ve forgotten your login details or have become locked out of your account, the information below will guide you through the steps you’ll need to take.
Logging in to your account
To access your account if you’ve forgotten your login details or are locked out, you’ll need to set up new security details for Online Banking. You’ll only have to do this once. If you have unlocked your account in the past, it’s important to know that the process has been updated, so you may notice some differences this time.
The steps below will walk you through the process or you can watch our online demonstration. Please note, only the primary cardholder can set up new security details for Online Banking.
- To begin, select Credit Cards from the dropdown menu at the top right of the screen, and then choose Login. On the login page, choose Forgotten your username?
- On the next page, we’ll ask you to enter some information we can use to identify you, including your Credit Card number, name, date of birth and postcode.
- We’ll need to send you a Temporary Security Number as an additional security measure to confirm your identity. If you have a mobile number registered with us we can send this by text message, otherwise we can post it to you.
If you’ve received the Temporary Security Number by text message, you’ll need to enter the code on screen to continue. If you’ve received it by post however, once you receive it you’ll need to select ‘Credit Card’ from the dropdown menu at the top right of the screen on the tescobank.com home page, and then choose Login as shown in the image below.
To find out more about setting up your new security details, you can:
- view our online demonstration which shows you how to reset your forgotten details
- view the section below called What you’ll need to set up your new security details
The next section will provide information and links relating to each of the various security details we will require you to set up in order to access Online Banking.
What you’ll need to set up your new security details
To set up new security details, we’ll ask you to input and remember some new ones which include:
- A Username
- A Personal Image and Phrase that will be displayed each time you login
- A Security Number
- A Password
- Telephone security questions, which will be used if you ever need to phone us
Your image and phrase
We ask you to choose an image and phrase when you create your new security details. Once you login, we display your chosen image and phrase so you can be sure you’re on the real Tesco Bank website. We do this as a security measure to help protect you from phishing.
When you create your new security details, we’ll ask you to choose an image from a selection on screen and enter a short, memorable phrase of your choice.
Every time you login, you will be shown your chosen image and phrase.
If you don’t recognise your image or phrase, or you’re not sure, don’t enter any of your security details and instead contact us immediately.
Recognising your computer
When you set up your new security details for Online Banking, we’ll ask if we can ‘recognise’ the computer you’re using. Recognising your computer is an extra level of security we use to confirm it’s you logging in. You can ask us to recognise more than one computer (your home and work computers, for example) but you shouldn’t ask us to recognise a shared or public computer (a computer in an internet café or a public library, for example).
If we don’t recognise a computer you’re using, we’ll need to identify you in a different way. We’ll send a code by text message to your mobile phone, which you can then enter on screen to complete your login. This code is called a One Time Access Code.
You can find out more here:
- Why do you ask if I want you to recognise my computer?
- Why don’t you recognise my computer when I login?
- Why do you need my mobile number for online banking?
Your new Online Banking Overview
Once you’ve set up new security details, you’ll see a new Online Banking Overview when you login.
This new page shows you a summary of your Credit Card account details:
- If we have important information to tell you, such as when the site will be closed due to planned maintenance, we’ll let you know in the Important Information section.
- You can update the security details you use to login to Online Banking by selecting the Manage my security details link on the top left side of the screen.
- Your Accounts provides a summary of your last six transactions. You can show or hide this section by clicking on the highlighted panel.
- You can use the Manage button to make a transaction or see more information about your account.
This is what the Online Banking Overview looks like:
If you have more than one product with us
Logging in to Online Banking
- If you currently use Online Banking for more than one product, for example a Savings account and Credit Card account, you will need to use different login details for these accounts.
Updating your personal details
- If you only need to update your mobile phone number, login and select ‘Manage my security details’ from the Online Banking Overview from the menu on the left.
- If you need to update your address, email address, mobile phone number and home phone number, you can do this in Online Banking. Login and select ‘Manage’ next to the account you want to update, then choose ‘Manage your account’ for credit cards, or ‘Other services’ for Savings and Loans. Remember, you’ll have to update your personal details for each set of login details you have.
Managing your Online Banking security details
Within your Online Banking Overview, you can update your Online Banking security details.
Login to your account and, once you access the Online Banking Overview page, click the Manage my security details link on the left side.
You will then access a screen like the one shown below, where you can update any of your security details.
If you forget any of your security details when you try to login, we’ll help you retrieve or reset them as you login.